Sunday, 12 July 2015

Colouring Contest at Saturated Canary

The lovely Krista of Saturated Canary has released a series of 6 digis featuring the fashion of different decades. She's featured the 40's, 50's 60's, 70's, 80's & 90's and is running an amazing competition with them. Check it out HERE. At the moment you get two images in a set for the price of one so grab them quickly.


I chose to use the 1950's digi first. I adore the 1950's styles. 
The dresses are feminine and beautiful and suit my hip heavy figure perfectly. 
Here's what I created.





I coloured my 1950's lady in a clean and simple style (when do I ever do anything else?!) using my Copics.
Skin - E000, E00, E11, E21, E04 with R20 Cheeks
Hair - Y11, Y15, Y17, YR24, E35
Dress - B63, B66, B69, B79, B99
Stockings - E31, E33, E35 (plus a touch of T3 & T5 underneath from before I realised I'd coloured them the wrong colour for the era - whoops!)


I added a touch of Wink of Stella to the highlights of her dress and hat and shoes and some Sakura Stardust to her hat decoration & belt (always difficult to capture on camera).

I coloured the backing mat with B69 & Wink of Stella so it all co-ordinated.



The quote is one I found that is attributed to Marilyn Monroe. I thought it was fitting for such a beautiful image & of the right time.



I really hope you like my creation & hope you come and join in the fun of the Colouring Contest at Saturated Canary.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...