Wednesday, 18 November 2015

A Make it Crafty Advent Calendar

You know how every so often crazy ideas pop into your head?
I mean totally insane - I must be off my rocker sort of ideas??
Well I tend to be prone to those - and more scarily I tend to act on them!
Before I even started this project I knew I was totally mad, but it was just itching to be made!

I mean who wouldn't want their own Make it Crafty Advent Calendar!!

2015.11.17 - Make it Crafty Advent Calendar

I've made Advent Calendars in the past but this was by far the biggest undertaking.  I used 27 Make it Crafty Images - one behind each door and three on the front, but oh I had great fun doing it. 

You'll have to wait until December to see what's behind each door, but this sneak peek gives you an idea of how small they are (told you I was crazy eh!). Please excuse the poor quality photo.


I created the design for the doors in Inkscape and cut it on my Silver Bullet Cutting Machine. The funny thing is that now I've stuck the front on I can't remember what image is in what position, so opening the doors will be a nice surprise.

Products List

Copic Colours
Skin - E000, E00, E21, E11, E04 with R20 Cheeks
 G14, G17, G28, B99
R24, R27, R29, R59, W7
Pilot Gold Gel Pen
E23, E25, E27, E29, E49
E51, E53, E55, E57
C2, C3, C5
Wink of Stella (clear)

I hope you like it. I'll post updates of what's behind each door as we get into December.
xxx

I'd like to enter this into the following challenges:
MarkerPOP - Christmas/ Hanukka (30th Nov)

5 comments:

  1. I would love to know what is behind each door. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol you'll have to keep coming back during December. The aim is to post pictures each day (but we'll see how that goes :P )

      Delete
  2. I just love this idea of an advent calender, I might use this idea for next year!!, Not enough time to make it for this year, LOL
    You made a fabulous one!!
    Hugs,Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great, Lucy. It looks really professional! Sometimes brainfog has its advantages, doesn't it - forgetting what's behind each door so each one will be a surprise when you open it lol!!

    Thanks for your nice comment. So glad you like my alphabet. I haven't done anything creative for several weeks... Very busy, and preoccupied - I'm exhausted after a busy week with 3 hospital appts. and a general anaesthetic on Wednesday but have to keep going because we've got 2 lunches out and a concert over the next couple of days... I had my CT scan yesterday and hopefully the results will be All Clear when I see the oncologist on 30th.

    Shoshi

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...