It's October so it's time for Halloween. It's a bit early I know, but this project was too good not to share & anyway Halloween can start a little early eh?
Our theme for this month's Through the Purple Haze Challenge is Halloween & we're sponsored by The East Wind. I've wanted to colour Lucy Loo Spellbound for ages & this was my opportunity, and Oh I had fun!!!!
I coloured Lucy Loo Spellbound with my Copics and made the background with Brusho Crystals.
I've wanted Brushos for about 18 months and finally got some. This was my first try playing with them and oh I loved them! They're the total opposite to my normal style of crafting freestyle, unpredictable & messy - but I did enjoyed playing.
I was intending only using part of this sheet, but the whole A4 looked so like a potion brewing and effervescing that I decided to leave it whole.
Here's a close up of Lucy Loo Spellbound. I coloured her with my Copics and tried to add a touch of greeny yellow light to her face to look as though the spell book was glowing. It doesn't show up brilliantly in the photos, but in real life it's quite striking.
Here's where I played with the Brushos. I sprinkled Black, Yellow and Bright Red crystals and then spritzed with water.
I really love the effect & love how the colours bloom from tiny crystals that look like nothing.
I also think it's great how some of the crystals didn't quite dissolve so give a slight textured finish - it feels like there's real substance to the spell explosion.
Lucy Loo Spellbound is now in pride of place on my wall.
I hope you like her as much as I do.
I'd like to enter her into the following challenges:
The East Wind - Add Texture (texture in the part-hydrated Brusho Crystals) (10th Oct)
Copic Marker Deutschland - Halloween (31st Oct)








I do not think I have ever seen a card like this before - absolutely breathtaking the way you did up this Lucy Loo Spellbound image. I have this image and have yet to color her up - what inspiration you are with this card. Not sure I ever heard of that element - Brushos!! Love love this!!
ReplyDeleteThis technic is so magic! @@ perfect for the spellbound image! Thanks for join us xxx Unky from TheEastWind
ReplyDeleteWonderful image and super FAB background :-D
ReplyDeleteThank you for coming over to play at QUOTH THE RAVEN :-)
Hugz
IKE xx
QTR Co-Author
Fabulous background for this image. It looks like fire and brimstone. I love playing with Brushos. Your colouring is awesome...love the depth of your shading. Thanks for joining our texture challenge at The East Wind. I hope we see you again soon.
ReplyDeleteBrushos are soooo much fun. Love the background for this image!
ReplyDeleteThanks for joining our fortnightly challenge here at The East Wind. Hope you will join us next time DT Crafting Vicky.