Sunday, 6 September 2015

A Very Fairy Door - Exciting Times!!!

There's a super exciting new project starting at the moment 
An amazing children's book called


It's been written by Carlie and Kimberly Brown and the illustrations are by the wonderful Krista Smith of Saturated Canary. It's a gorgeous story and is interactive to get children involved. Head on over to the A Very Fairy Door Kickstarter Page to watch the video and find out more about this amazing project

It's an exciting time as the book is being launched through a Kickstarter Campaign.
People have an opportunity to pledge different amounts of money (starting at only $5 Canadian) and be part of making this wonderful project come to life. 

There are different rewards at different pledge amounts ranging from a set of 6x4 prints of the Fairies when you donate $15, a set of the digi stamps created by Krista ($25) or a copy of the book that comes with a Fairy Door ($40). There are lots of other pledge/ reward levels too. It's a perfect thing - you get something lovely and you're contributing to get these beautiful books published.

Now I'm a very lucky girl - the digi stamps are ONLY available as part of the pledge reward programme ($25 pledge or more) - but as part of the Saturated Canary Guest DT I've been lucky enough to have them to play with. 

I couldn't wait to get colouring as they're gorgeous!!!!.
I was inspired by the Fairy Door theme and made a door hanger with The Green Fairy.


How gorgeous is this little Fairy!!!!

Here are a few close ups.


I went with a simple colour scheme using my Copics
Skin - E000, E00, E11, E21, E04 with R20 Cheeks
Hair - E21, R23, E25, E27, E29, E49
Clothes & Wings - YG61, YG63, YG67, G29, Blender

I added Stickles Stardust Glitter Glue to the wings - after all what's a Fairy without some sparkle!


I typed the sentiment and added a touch of Stickles Crystal glitter glue to add some Fairy Sparkle. 


I can't wait to get colouring the other Fairy Door Fairies!
Don't forget you can own these images yourself by pledging $25 Canadian or more on the A Very Fairy Door Kickstarter page. In fact that's the ONLY way to own them - they won't ever be appearing in the Saturated Canary store. 

The A Very Fairy Door Kickstarter  campaign is also time limited - the campaign runs until the 4th October. At that point if the target has been reached the pledge payments will be taken and the rewards issued. If the target isn't reached no money will be taken & the books won't be published :( It's sort of an all or nothing process so the more people who join in the better. 

Hop on over and have a look.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...