I was lucky enough to have Taylor Bell to play with and decided to take the theme to extremes by making Taylor Bell fly while using the beautiful butterfly paper from the Do Crafts Tulip and Friends CD.
I used my Cougar Electronic Cutting Machine to cut out Taylor Bell and to create the card blank with an inverted scalloped oval shape cut out of the middle.
To make Taylor Bell 'fly' I cut out a duplicate of her and then glued the two halves together with two lengths of invisible thread running out of the top and the bottom.
I printed the butterfly paper on card & again used my Cougar to cut it to size & cut the inverted oval out of the middle. I then glued it to the front of the card base making sure I caught the ends of the invisible thread between the butterfly card and the card base so Taylor Bell was suspended and looked like she's flying. I added some Stickles to some of the butterflies to add a little sparkle. You can hardly see the invisible threads so they do their job well.
I coloured Taylor Bell with my Promarkers:
Skin - Coral, Sunkissed Pink, Blush with Pastel Pink cheeks
Hair - Tulip Yellow, Sunflower, Gold, Raw Sienna
Dress - Lime Green, Bright Green, Forest Green
Wand - Cocoa
Wings - Crystal Stickles
I really hope you like her & I'm looking forward to seeing your entry into 'Things with Wings' at Digi Galore
I would like to enter the following challenges:
Cute Card Thursdays - Sparkles
Flutter By Wednesday - Any Winged Creature
I would like to enter the following challenges:
Cute Card Thursdays - Sparkles
Flutter By Wednesday - Any Winged Creature


A sweet image that's well suited to fly!!!
ReplyDeleteA clever and gorgeous card.
Thanks for playing along with us this week at Flutter By Wednesday.
How fun to make your cute little fairy fly! I love her pretty sparkly wings. Thanks for playing with us over at Flutter By Wednesday.
ReplyDeleteThis made me smile! So sweet! Thank you for playing along with my Flutter By Wednesday Challenge!
ReplyDeleteAw she is lovely and sparkly. THanks for joining us at CCT.x
ReplyDeleteWow this is such a cool idea - absolutely love the design and the colouring and sparkles are just gorgeous xxx
ReplyDelete