Tuesday, 23 January 2018

Simple Storage for Make it Crafty Chipboard

I had a play this week and updated my Chipboard storage. I've built up quite a collection of Chippies (well they're addictive aren't they and Zoe keeps bringing out amazing new designs!).

Until now I've been keeping them in an airtight plastic box, but I wasn't happy with rummaging through them each time I wanted to find one (or to just admire my collection).

A quick adaptation with a pack of zip seal plastic bags & some sticky labels & it's so much better!


I used:
0.4l Zip Seal Bags from Ikea - they are 15 x 16cm

1300ml Airtight Plastic Box from Asda - in the kitchenware department. Its 20 x 13 x 7cm

Sticky Labels cut to size

Different sized bags & boxes would work just as well - these just happened to work nicely - and I had them in the house which was a bonus.


I've labelled the bags with the contents. With some I've only stored one design per bag - eg 'Birthday' I have quite a pile of them in several different sizes so they're all in one bag; with other designs I've put two designs in each bag.

I put the labels in different positions depending on whether they're Single Layered Words, Adapt-a-words, or Tinklings etc. - a little thing, but it makes it easier to find the different sections when I'm flicking through them.


Nice and easy to find and nicely contained so those mischievous ones can't play hide & seek or escape. I like keeping them in airtight box as the UK can be more than a little damp & I like to keep them in the best condition and not risk them getting damp.

When I've finished creating the lid pops on and they're safely away until next time.


I hope this idea is helpful for you. There are all sorts of ideas that would work, but this is one that worked for me with bits I had in the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...