Wednesday, 3 February 2016

Transparency with Make it Crafty

It's time for a new challenge at Make it Colourful Challenges with Make it Crafty and as always it's designed to really stretch you. These challenges are great for pushing your boundaries - and if you're like me you'll be amazed at what you manage to create when you give it a go. 

I decided to use one of the new Teenage Love digis and pair it with the curtains from the Theatre Digi Elements set. I used the tools in Craft Artist 2 to remove the white backing of the curtains so we can see them through it. Here's the result!


To give the effect of transparency I coloured the net curtains very lightly, whilst still putting shading in the folds. 
I used the same colours on Teenage Love in the direct view & view through the curtain, but only used the two or thee lighter shades for the areas viewed through the curtains. That meant I was able to add depth & shading, but give the impression of the diluted colours.


The sentiment is from the Doodle Hug Word Chipboard set.
I coloured it with Red Sakura Tiara pen & Red Sakura Glaze pen. It gives a lovely red glossy finish which unfortunately looks much darker in the photos that it is in real life.

Products Used:
Copics Used:
Skin - E000, E00, E21, E11, E04 with R20 Cheeks
Her Hair - E21, E23, E25, E27, E29, E49
His Hair - Y11, y15, Y17, YR24, E35
Her Top - R20, R21, R22, R24, R27, R29, R59, W7
Her Skirt - T1, T3, T5, T7, T9
His Shirt - B21, B24, B26, B29
His Trousers - G20, G21, G82
Curtains - B000, B00, B02
Red Sakura Tiara, Red Sakura Glaze

I really hope you like my Transparency creation and hope you'll come across and join us at Make it Colourful Challenges



2 comments:

  1. You really are very clever with those digi images and such a wonderful job of colouring them too. Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's really clever, what you've done with the transparent curtains, Lucy. A very interesting effect. Thank you for your visit and glad you like the look of my death gliders! If you come up and visit, you can sample them for yourself!!

    I've had an extremely busy week and taking advantage of it being a bit quieter this week, to catch up and rest, and hopefully get some more art done. Hope you are well!

    Shoshi x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...