Monday, 1 June 2015

A Father's Day with Doctor Digi

Gosh My third post for today!

Wow! I'm ahead of the game for once! Two weeks early and my Father's Day card is made! 
Admittedly I had a little prompting as it's the theme for today's Digi Galore Challenge.

Our sponsor is Doctor Digi and I couldn't resist using Summer Holiday as it's just so fitting for my Dad with year. It doesn't look like him ( he doesn't have a super moustache), but what it shows is just so right! They were due to go off travelling this summer exploring areas of Europe. Unfortunately two weeks in their camper broke down & the trip came to an unexpected stop. After a flight home & the camper coming home on a transporter it will hopefully be fixed soon so they can be off on their adventure again soon.

So that's why I couldn't resist Summer Holiday
I'm sure some of you won't be able to resist him either!



I did something quite unusual for me and A) I used patterned paper and B) I used that as the basis for my card so chose the colour of the digi items to co-ordinate in. 
A little thing I know and what many many people do - it's just something I've always found challenging.

The papers are from the Papermania All Aboard 6x6 paper pad which I got from That Craft Place
I used one main sheet as the background and mounted it on dark blue cardstock. 
I cut out the 'Are we there yet' ticket and August calendar page from other sheets of the paper and embellished them with Glossy Accents before attaching them to the backing paper.
I also added Glossy Accents to the 'pin heads' on the noticeboard to make them stand out a little more.




I coloured Summer Holiday with my Copics & a Metallic gel pen.


I added a final touch of Glossy Accents to his glasses, the camper windscreen and the chome body work, then edged the card with the postcard edging from the sheet of borders in the Papermania All Aboard paper stack.



I really hope you like him & we'd love to see the cards you create for your Dad over at Digi Galore Challenge.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...