Saturday, 23 May 2015

Shabby Chic with That Craft Place

I've got exciting news! I've been accepted into the That Craft Place DT :D That means I now get to play with 2 projects a month - one for That Craft Place Challenges using products from That Craft Place bricks and mortar shop, and one for Sugar & Betty Challenges which features the lovely digis from That Craft Place's Etsy Store.! 
It's a hard job but someone's got to do it! 
I'm delighted to be part of the DT with an amazing group of people. 

This is my first project. The theme is Shabby Chic so it was a bit of a challenge for me. As you know I'm not a Shabby Chic kind 'a girl in any way, but I gave it my best shot. 



I used:
Jodie Lee Fairy Belle Collection patterned paper from Prima
Do Crafts Doily die - edged with Victorian Velvet Distress Ink
Crafts Too Vintage Ribbons
Dovecraft Bakers Twine
Papermania Summer Bloom Epoxy Stickers
3D Foam Pads
Distressing tool

All Available from That Craft Place shop


I distressed the edges of the patterned paper and mounted it with 3D foam pads. I curled the top corner a little



Don't you just love this paper!


I layered the ribbon and twine and topped them with a collection of epoxy stickers. The stickers were transparent so I stuck them on white card first and cut them out to stop them disappearing into the background.




Bikini Betty is such a cool relaxed looking lady. 

I coloured her with my Copics:
SKin - E000, E00, E21, E11, E04 with R20 Cheeks
Eyes - B00, B01, B12
Hair - E51, E53, E55, E57
Bikini & Shoes - R30, R32, R35, RV52, RV55 (a bit of an odd combination I know but that's what matched the tones of the paper best after a few plays)
Sunglasses Glass - E75, E77, E79


I really hope you like my creation and think I did ok with my first proper attempt at Shabby Chic. 

Do come over and join us at That Craft Place Challenges to share your own Shabby Chicness xxx





1 comment:

  1. Beautiful card and love the colouring on the stamp

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...