Day 11 - It's the Witching hour, what's Halloween without a Witch? Let's make those witches POP off your projects! Use wobble action or pop up dots, just make it "FLY" off the page.
Waa haa haa!! Too right you can't have Halloween without Witches!
To make my witch POP I decided to use two techniques - making a spring mechanism, and making the card base on Acetate.
I had planned to use Witchy Mrs Boo, but got distracted while printing and used Broomstick Betty instead. Daft to get distracted but the end result worked nicely.
Mounting her on an acetate backing makes her 'POP' off the page as it is, but I also made little springs out of spare acetate to make sure she REALLY pops off the page. Those little paper folds are something I've made since a child. They're the ones where you fold two equal width strips of paper in on themselves. I wasn't sure if they'd work in acetate but luckily they do.
The scene at the base of the card is the Graveyard Scene from Make It Crafty. I cut it out then coloured it with copics (BG96 & W7 for the ground)
Here's a close up of Broomstick Betty.
I coloured her with Copics but unfortunately have misplaced the list of which colours I used.
You can see that her wands and the stars at the back of her wand has Stickles added to enhance the magical effect.
I hope you think she 'POP's enough. Come on over and join in the 13 Days of Halloween Challenges - not many more to go now!






Beautiful make!!! Love the great scene you have created using the acetate!!!
ReplyDeleteLove the scene! Super Cute!
ReplyDeleteSo cute!! Love how you popped the image and the use of acetate as a card!
ReplyDelete