Monday, 24 February 2014

Pencil Colouring - a real challenge for me!

This week's challenge at Through the Purple Haze Challenges is to Use a Pencil Coloured or Pencil Drawn Image. Now I'm no artist so a pencil drawing wasn't an option for me, so I rummaged in the cupboard and found my packs of colouring pencils - some of which I've had since childhood (and some of which haven't been used for nearly as long).

I decided to set myself a big challenge and created a scene using the adorable Backpack Friends which were a charity fundraiser from Saturated Canary combined with Rosey Walk from Make it Crafty - talk about giving myself an easy task eh?


This card has been full of new/ unusual/ challenging things for me.

For a start there was colouring with pencils. It's so very different from the Promarker colouring I normally do & I found it much more difficult to build up layers and shading and vibrancy. I think it came out well in the end though.

I tore the edge of the paper. You'll have noticed I'm naturally a neat and tidy crafter (in my results not in the house :P ) so this was totally different for me. For some reason I thought it would work with this image and  luckily I think it does.

The final really unusual thing for me was using dark brown card as the base. I'm not a fan of brown, but it works with the image. The photo shows it as darker than it actually it - it's actually a lovely chocolate brown which really compliments the image.




I cut the sentiment on my Cougar.

I really hope you like my creation. I'm looking forward to seeing your entry over at Through the Purple Haze Challenges x




3 comments:

  1. Super duper card.....i love it.....and very well coloured in.....lovely card...

    fiona
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is no way this was your first time using pencils on such a detailed image before. This is terrific. The young girls are so precious. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw so pretty Lucy I love this image and what you have done with it :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...