Happy Birthday to You!
Happy Birthday to You!
Happy Birthday Dear Tamara!
Happy Birthday to You!
xxx
Today's a very special day! The wonderful Tamara - the amazing talent behind The Stamping Chef - celebrates her birthday! Now Tamara doesn't seem to enjoy her birthday so a certain Miss Betty of Simply Betty Stamps decided to organise this surprise birthday hop for her and designed the gorgeous Rockin Birthday Cutie for her :D Tamara I hope you're beaming from ear to ear by seeing all the love for you.
The hop started at the Simply Betty Blog and you should have arrived with me from Kerrie-anne
I was chatting to Tamara the other day and telling her about my friend's tradition of deleting the pesky first number off the front of our age and celebrate a much more fun birthday. As a result I'm wishing Tamara a very happy 4th birthday :P :P :P
I decided to try one of the fun pop up cards that have been spreading around the Facebook craft groups.
When you take the card out of the envelope it's flat and very plain looking.
But when you take it out of the envelope magic happens and the card opens up into a free standing pop up box!
This angle gives you a peek of the pop up base.
I've only tried this style of card once before and love the amount of depth you can create.
I designed the balloons myself by combining an oval and a triangle in SCAL3 and cutting them on my Cougar. I coloured them with my Promarkers and attached them to thin strips of acetate cut from plastic packaging so they looked as if they are floating.
Looking from above you can see how two slats are added to the inside to give different places to mount the balloons.
From the side you can see how much depth this gives to the embellishments.
I used this clear sentiment stamp from Fiskars which I thought was appropriate.
Here's a close up of Rockin Birthday Cutie, my balloons and my cheeky 4th Birthday celebration.
I really hope you've enjoyed my creation. Your next stop on the Hop is Floss
Here's the complete blog hop list x
SBS: http://simplybettystamps.blogspot.com/
Corinne Jones: http://wishuponascrap.blogspot.com/
Rachel Gillham Http://www.promarkerprincess.blogspot.co.uk
Christin Myhre http://www.christinmyhre.no
Vicky Fortier http://crafting-vicky.blogspot.ca/
Kerrie-anne Brown http://cardsbykerrie.blogspot.co.uk/
Lucy Gregg Www.loopylass2010.blogspot.co.uk
Floss Crabbe http://crabbiescards.blogspot.co.uk/
Summer Hills-Painter http://1craftypainter.blogspot.com/?m=1
Trish TheDish Sakulich http://scrappintillthecowscomehome.blogspot.ca/
Katya Bess http://www.kattyxotica.blogspot.com/
Irene Chapmon Sherman http://irenescardcreations.blogspot.com/
Vanessa Bland http://slightlytwistedbutterfly.blogspot.com
Louise Mann http://louisescraftycards.blogspot.co.uk/
Sheri Scraps http://Mammasscrappin.blogspot.com
Celina ScrapVamp Matthews http://ScrapVamp.blogspot.com
Michelle Petersen www.ladyofleisureink.blogspot.com
Emily Shroom http://emilyshroom.blogspot.com.au
Jill Hogg http://cuddlyscraftycreations.blogspot.co.uk
Kay Mowat http://kaym74.blogspot.com
Jackie Randolph http://papermoments.blogspot.com/
Darcy Schroeder http://craftingwithdarcy.blogspot.com
Tanja Charles: twistedteecrafts.blogspot.com
Veronica http://www.artbyveronica.blogspot.com/
Corinne Jones: http://wishuponascrap.blogspot.com/
Rachel Gillham Http://www.promarkerprincess.blogspot.co.uk
Christin Myhre http://www.christinmyhre.no
Vicky Fortier http://crafting-vicky.blogspot.ca/
Kerrie-anne Brown http://cardsbykerrie.blogspot.co.uk/
Lucy Gregg Www.loopylass2010.blogspot.co.uk
Floss Crabbe http://crabbiescards.blogspot.co.uk/
Summer Hills-Painter http://1craftypainter.blogspot.com/?m=1
Trish TheDish Sakulich http://scrappintillthecowscomehome.blogspot.ca/
Katya Bess http://www.kattyxotica.blogspot.com/
Irene Chapmon Sherman http://irenescardcreations.blogspot.com/
Vanessa Bland http://slightlytwistedbutterfly.blogspot.com
Louise Mann http://louisescraftycards.blogspot.co.uk/
Sheri Scraps http://Mammasscrappin.blogspot.com
Celina ScrapVamp Matthews http://ScrapVamp.blogspot.com
Michelle Petersen www.ladyofleisureink.blogspot.com
Emily Shroom http://emilyshroom.blogspot.com.au
Jill Hogg http://cuddlyscraftycreations.blogspot.co.uk
Kay Mowat http://kaym74.blogspot.com
Jackie Randolph http://papermoments.blogspot.com/
Darcy Schroeder http://craftingwithdarcy.blogspot.com
Tanja Charles: twistedteecrafts.blogspot.com
Veronica http://www.artbyveronica.blogspot.com/







now this is fun to be 4! thank you so much Lucy...you is awesome!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful coloring and what a fun card! I am really going to have to give the standup card a try.
ReplyDeleteBrilliant card x
ReplyDeleteAwesome pop up card and great colouring!
ReplyDeletewow such a bright and beautiful card and so clever too :)
ReplyDeleteHappy Blog Hop Hunnie
Hugs
Kerrie x
ohh AWESOME LUCY and your coloring is FABULOUS
ReplyDeletethank you so much for helping us make this a fab blog hop for Tamara..
hugs
Wonderful pop out card, Lucy!!! Love how bright and cheerful!
ReplyDeleteHugs
Darcy