This week's challenge at Through the Purple Haze Challenges is something a different for me - the theme is Embossing and I decided to make 2 different cards. I used dry embossing and heat embossing on both, but with two very different results.
I saw an idea of using an embossing folder to make a white on white card on Pinterest and loved the effect. I adapted it and used 4 different embossing folders to give extra interest. I coloured Anna Belle Birthday Wishes from TiddlyInks in bright colours to give the card a real pop of colour and a nice contrast to the white base.
I embossed the Happy Birthday stamp from Fiskars with Versamark and red embossing powder and cut it into a flag shape and added a red backing to continue the pop of colour.
I used embossing folders from Cuttlebug (bird and circles) and Crafts Too (hearts and stars).
I coloured Anna Belle Birthday Wishes using my Promarkers:
Skin - Coral, Sunkissed Pink, Blush with Pastel Pink Cheeks
Hair - Cocoa, Henna, Chestnut, Walnut
Dress, Hat, Shoes - Red, Berry Red, Cardinal Red, Burgundy
Cake - Buttercup, Pastel Yellow
As a real contrast to this white based card I then made a really bright colourful card. This was nice and easy - I simply stuck strips of coloured paper to a sheet of white card and then ran it through my Cuttlebug Happy Birthday embossing folder.
I added a Stampin' Up sentiment from the current Sale-a-bration set and embossed it with gold Wow Super Fine Embossing powder.
Two very different cards, but I like them both and hope you do too.
We're looking forward to seeing your embossing entries over at Through the Purple Haze Challenges x
I'd like to enter this into Crafty Hands Embossed Background Challenge





Hi Lucy! Both of your cards are clever and so bright and cheery!! Love what you did........may have to "borrow" your ideas if you don't mind!
ReplyDeleteHugs
Darcy
I love your cards Lucy, they look amazing with the background embossing. I love the multi-colour one especially
ReplyDeleteSara x
Both of your cards are great with creative embossing backgrounds. I'm loving the white on white of the first card, and I think I have to try that. I have enough embossing folders that are similar. That might be today's challenge for me.
ReplyDeleteThis is a wow card....love the embossed different colours.....very well done Lucy
ReplyDeletefiona
x
This is fabulous, great idea with the individual embossed panels for the backing, very clever and very nice too.
ReplyDeleteThank you for playing along in our challenge at CraftyHands x
Brilliant embossing and superb colouring! Thank you for sharing with us at Craftyhands, good luck! Xx
ReplyDeleteooohhh fab idea. love the different panels of embossing! Thanks for playing along with us at CraftyHands
ReplyDeleteGreat use of embossing folders! Many thanks for joining the crafty hands challenge and good luck!!! Melissa (DT)
ReplyDeleteThese are just fab! Love the designs and using different panels is such a great idea! Thanks for playing along with the current CraftyHands challenge. Sammy-x
ReplyDelete