This week's challenge at Through the Purple Haze is to use your favourite colour. This was a bit difficult for me as I have so many favourite colours. I like all sorts of bright, intense colours like red, fuchsia pink, purple, royal blue, emerald green, teal etc etc etc, but as I had to choose one I went for Red.
I had the beautiful Quiet Contemplation from Delicious Doodles to play with. She's so beautiful that I wanted to do her justice and kept the focus of the card on her.
I mounted her on gold card and used dark red card backed with gold as the card base.
I coloured her with my Promarkers.
For her skin I my normal Coral, Sunkissed Pink and Blush, but then used Saffron and Vanilla over the top to give her a less pink and more oriental skin tone. I used Pastel Pink for her cheeks
Hair - Ice Grey 3, 4 & 5 & Black
Robe - Red, Berry Red, Cardinal Red, Burgundy
Sash and Jewellery - Pilot Super Gel Gold Pen
Flowers - Berry Red & Blender
Parasol - Henna handle, Vanilla, Satin & Ivory canopy
I cut the Chinese Characters on my Cougar.
They mean
Peace
Tranquility
Strength
We'd love to see what you create with your favourite colours so pop over to Through the Purple Haze Challenges and join in. There are some great prizes to be won from





Lucy all im saying is wow oh wow.......
ReplyDeletefiona x
Beautiful card, love the intensity of the red and gold foil card, and great idea of die cutting the Chinese Characters.
ReplyDeleteEithne
A very rich and stunning card - the gold really finishes of the image perfectly.
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely touch adding those characters. It's a beautiful image and looks fantastic on the gold.
ReplyDeleteLucy, this is fabulous.. The hair on this image is spot on.. Black hair is my worst of all worst.. But you hit it right now.. Fabulous..
ReplyDeletePam DT
Really really beautiful Lucy
ReplyDeleteNicola DT
Stunning, spectacular, brilliant! Love it!
ReplyDeleteHugs
Darcy
This really is stunning Lucy, a real wow card.
ReplyDeleteHugs
Teresa