The background was cut on my Cougar Cutting Machine from Thyme Graphics. The amazingly talented Bird of Birds Cards shared this free cutting file which is so beautiful. She shares some amazing Digi stamps & cutting files and all for free!
The White card was cut on my machine & then I put the fuchsia card behind it to show the contrast. I'm not sure the colour combination was quite right but I'll work on it.
Coloured with my Promakers:
Skin: Coral, Sunkissed Pink, Blush
Hair: Buttercup, Pastel Yellow, Mustard, Raw Sienna
Dress - Rose pink on the embroidery, Blossom as the shading
Flowers - Rose pink & Maroon
Sentiment from an acrylic set - designer unknown
My Cougar also comes in handy for those unexpected moments like the panic of trying to find a 'Grease' costume to wear to the Tickled Pink Fundraiser at work. Total panic for a moment as I knew I had nothing remotely right, but then inspiration struck!
A pink shirt (reduced in Sainsburys) and a roll of Sparkly Holographic Pink Fablon which I had in the cupboard, along with my trusty Cougar & here was the result.
The Fablon is normal sticky backed plastic so not designed for fabric but it worked like a treat. It stayed on for the whole day & peeled off nicely leaving no residue in the evening. Definitely a technique I'll use again.



Lovely card..you did a fantastic job of colouring this one up...i do love the rose background..very elegant...thanks for joining us at Redonkulous.
ReplyDeleteOh how clever of you, I thought you'd used the background file for a moment but you've used the card base in a completely different way, how lovely it is!
ReplyDeleteAnd love your shirt, good thinking on the fablon for a short term solution!
Beautiful card, Thanks for joining us at Redonkulous Designs for our first challenge.
ReplyDeleteShell xx
Your card is lovely. Such a pretty background cut.
ReplyDeleteYou coloured this beautiful bride up perfectly.
Thanks for joining our challenge at Redonkulous.
Your shirt looks great :)