Monday, 19 May 2014

First play with my Copics!

I've been a very very lucky girl and was offered a mega bunch of Copics at such an amazing price that I couldn't refuse! Don't get me wrong I love my Promarkers to bits, but this was an offer I couldn't refuse. 

This is my first card made with Copic colouring. I did a little bit of hair and skin practice and then dived straight into this card for this week's Through the Purple Haze Challenge. The Challenge is to make a card that suits the song we've got on the challenge page. I chose the line 'B - You're so Beautiful' and made this card with Anna-Mae School Girl 2 from our sponsors Scrappers Delight.


The card base design is a free cut file Deep Edge Card 8 from Birds Cards. I altered it slightly to make it a square base so I had room for Anna-Mae School Girl 2.

Here's a close up of the cut detail. I threaded the ribbon through the slots and tied it in a bow.



I'm really pleased with this as my first attempt at Copic colouring. 
I found they blended really easily and have small steps between the 
colours in the colour family so shading is easy.

Here's a close up.


I used these Copics:

Skin - E000, E00, E11, E21, E04 with R20 Cheeks

Hair - E33, E35, E59, E49

Top - R24, R27, R29, R59

Skirt - B63, B66, B69, B79, BV29

Boots - E30, E31, E33, E35

Edging - B32


I've got some more practicing to do (oh the hardship!!! :P ), but I'm so pleased so far.

Hope you like her x





1 comment:

  1. You are soooo clever with your markers, Lucy! The shading is amazing and it looks really 3-D. So glad you managed to get the Copics at such a good price, too. I love the design of the border of the card, too - a great idea to make the holes to thread the ribbon through. Definitely something to go for when (eventually...! lol!) I get Sheba going again! I'm sort of half-way there, with Inkscape up and running.

    Thanks for your nice message re my hubby's birthday and retirement. Yes, it's suddenly come upon us! For the next 3 weeks he's got send-offs from various groups of people and so far is overwhelmed with everyone's appreciation - he says he was just doing his job! I've never known anyone go so many extra miles, though, and keep telling him he deserves all the pressies and cards and cake etc.!

    Shoshi

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...