Monday, 13 August 2012

Saturated Canary Up Up and Away

I'm having a bit of a spaced day today after watching the Olympic Closing Ceremony last night. I know there are all sorts of feelings about the Olympics & the money that's been spent on it but I must say I've Adored it! I've watched loads and loads of coverage & watched the Opening & Closing Ceremonies. I enjoyed them both but think the comedy moments - Mr Bean in the Opening Ceremony and Eric Idle in the Closing Ceremony were absolutely priceless. The most emotional moment had to go to seeing Gary Barlow performing so soon after his personal tragedy. How on earth he had the strength to sing that beautifully emotional song I have no idea - he's an incredible man. 

I'm really looking forward to seeing the Paralympics  - that's always so inspirational.

So the only thing I've managed today is to make a couple of cards & clear up all the crafting stuff I had over the lounge floor. I had loads out to photograph it so I can list to sell on Facebook as I've got far too much!

I normally struggle to use the really long thin cards thought I'd give it a go today. I've seen quite a few lovely cards made with the Teddy Bo tag designs & thought I'd try something similar with a Saturated Canary image I got with the 30% coupon that the lovely Krista had available this weekend. I expanded the image until it filled almost the whole card then cropped and added a border.

It's a bit of a shame that as normal the colours loose something in the photos. There's actually a reasonable amount of shading on the face but it just doesn't show up for some reason.

I love the way that two different colour conversations can make the same image look totally different.





The image is Up Up and Away from Saturated Canary

The sentiments are both from Create with TLC - my favourite source of sentiments. Paulette is an amazing lady who shares a free sentiment every day. Make sure to stop by & see what she has and leave a comment thanking her as that's always nice.

Coloured as ever with my trusty promarkers. I made the clouds using Hazel's tutorial that I posted about a few weeks ago. I made a very good discovery today - the barrel comes out of my old 'Spritzer' so it will take a Promaker :D :D :D Needless to say I'm a very happy bunny! I've also been asked to be on the Admin team of the lovely Aly's Crafty Den on Facebook so am really touched by that. So apart from not achieving much today it's a nice day.

I'd love to hear any comments you have on my cards xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...