I saw this brilliant idea for storage of copic pens while looking round the internet & decided I wanted to adapt the idea for my Promarkers as I've now got a few too many to fit in my drawers from Poundland. After a bit of trawling on the internet I bought some grid from a lovely lady on Aly's Crafty Den on Facebook. It turned out to be on the diagonal rather than square but it still worked well. Andy set to work with some cutters & his stanley knife & this was the end result - what do you think?
The boxes are the 9l Really Useful Box. I'm going to invest in a XL lid as this means I can fit the lid on top so can transport my lovely pens without having to decant them :D
Empty & raring to go.........
All full up with my lovely pens ......
There are lots of gaps for new ones but it generally follows the Promarker colour chart so is easy to find coordinating pens.
Sideways View
and another side ways view.
It stands up quite securely on it's own as it's well balanced.
Sooooooo pretty and soooooooo practical! I love it to bits!!!!! Thanks for all the cutting skills Andy x




That's a really good idea Lucy. My Promarkers are all in Letraset folders and the craft room is so full I don't think I can squeeze anything else in there! Jill x
ReplyDeleteI know the feeling Jill - I did a big clearout a while ago but still have FAAARRRR too much stuff in there. If you do want one like this made give me a yell as I've got a little bit of the grid left. I was going to go down the DVD storage rack idea but worked out it would take up almost as much room as this & this had the advantage of being portable as well.
DeleteWow that's cool, Lucy! Having won all those gorgeous Promarkers, they deserve something like this, and so do you!!! Well done Andy. It's so great when our hubbies help us create our ideal space, isn't it! When we eventually move I'm going to have to rationalise and reorganise a lot, but I will be starting from scratch which helps - when I first set up my ARTHaven I didn't really know what I wanted and had existing furniture etc. that doesn't make 100% efficient use of the space. RUBs are defo the way to go imo!! I fell in love with your metal shelving too, and intend to get some of that.
ReplyDeleteThanks for your lovely comment on my blog! I can do you as many elephants as you like, and more designs besides! I must say when he first emerged from my pen, I fell in love with the little guy myself... I might adapt the idea for an ATC, and I'd love to do a full-sized drawing of an elephant too. I've already sold one card (Blue tropical fish) before I set up Shoshi's Blog Shop so I hope it will go well!
Hope you are coping OK without Diva, hun. Take care.
Hugs,
Shoshi x
Lol - I didn't win all of those Shoshi! That would have been amazing!!! It was a pack of 5 which was amazing enough. Unfortunately they were repeats of the ones I've got but I'm hoping to swap them with people for new colours. I've been gradually building my colours up over the past year or so and must say I adore them!
DeleteIs there anything that can't be done with a Really Useful box?! Great idea! I made my Promarker storage using card but I've learnt so much since I'm tempted to redo it and improve it!
ReplyDeleteThanks for checking out my blog and for your kind offer regarding the storage. I' ve made a set of drawers for mine and love the colour co-ordinated drawers but am not so keen on the shelving unit I made to house them so I might remake the unit at some point and keep the drawers. Thanks anyway
ReplyDeleteJellie x