Sunday, 6 February 2011

A Crafty Few Weeks

Well it's been a bit of a crafty few weeks which has been lovely. Rhiannon and me went to the Craft Show at Westpoint which was a lovely day out. It was her first time so a bit overwhelming but lots of interesting things to see. There weren't nearly as many people visiting as on previous years, but that was good as it meant less of a crush. We had a good wonder round and each made a dried flower keyring and a morsbag. Neither of us spent much but I did get a bargain - all these ribbons for £3!!!! I really have to squish them to make them fit in the A4 Really Useful Box. I think I need to be using lots more ribbon from now on.


Last Sunday was the Newton Abbot Crop. I havn't seen everyone since before our honeymoon so it was lovely to see them. I took Nona her birthday card and present. It was a week late, but not as late as her Christmas presents which I also delivered! We just havn't had a chance to see each other since the beginning of November.

It's the first time I've made a card based on an online challenge sketch. It was by Sweet Sketch Wednesday. I'm pleased with the finished card (Andy came up with the idea of 'Nona' on the camera strap instead of Nikon) but I didn't work out how to link into a challenge entry in time to enter it. I'm gradually learning how to do things (I've worked out links this time), but there's a way to go yet. The papers are from Papermania, the card from DCWV and the Digi stamp is a freebie from Dustin Pike. I'm also gradually beginning to get to grips with my Promarkers. The photo has come up a bit washed out for some reason.

I managed to get some crafting done at the Crop and worked on 5 scrapbook pages!!!!!! I can hear your shock! This from the person who hasn't done any scrapbooking for months and months and months! I got inspiration from several pages shown in Creating Keepsakes so finally broke into our Wedding Photos. I've got a bit more work to do on the pages before I show you, but hopefully I'll finish them this week.

Today I went to the Do Crafts demo at Trago and met a lovely lady demonstrating some lovely cards. They'd sold out of the few things I wanted and I managed to resist the goodybag (even tho it had a gorgeous wedding cake stamp in it). It's good as it means I can save my money for the Stampin Up party I'm having at our house on Wednesday. I'm really looking forward to it.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lucy was great to see you all at NA crop. That's quite a haul of ribbons, definitely a bargain! Jill x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...