Sunday, 4 February 2018

'Add Details with Black Pen' - Colouring Challenge with Make it Crafty

'Add Details with Black Pen' ..... ok so I'll freely admit that this challenge from Make it Crafty has me panicking. Adding details to digis seemed so alien (and so above my skill level!). It's something I've never done as many digi artists ask you not to do so - so make sure you check with the artist before doing it.

With a few gentle (and not so gentle) nudges from Zoe I put my big girl pants on it and went for it. 

This is the result - a rather funky plaid coat and spotty boots & scarf for Bethany Winter Jacket from Make it Crafty. It's amazing what you can do when you give something a go!


Here's the steps I went through.
First of all I printed Bethany Winter Jacket and got my tools ready - a pencil (no laughing at my Minion Pencil - it makes me smile!) and 0.1 & 0.5 Letraset Fineliners. These are fine black pens with ink that doesn't react to Copic ink.


I drew on the patterns I wanted with my pencil to check what it looked like.


Then inked it with my fineliners. I also checked the placement of my chippies for the sentiment.


Then on with the colouring (and the realisation that plaid is super tricky to colour at the best of times ..... why on earth did I choose that???!!!! - super extra crazy eh?). Here's a couple of close ups.


I coloured the chippies with Copic and then topped with Glossy Accents. I double embossed the top layer of 'Hugs' with Wow Rich Gold Super Fine Embossing Powder and added a layer of Glossy Accents over the top so it had the same sheen as the Adapt-a-words


I really hope you like the end result. Here she is in her entirety again.


Chipboard Used - 
Words from Sending Adapt-a-word set
Copics Used
Skin - E000, E00, E21, E11, E04 with R20 Cheeks
Hair - E23, E25, E27, E29, E49
Coat - B26, B97, B99, G14, G17, G28, W7
            Y11, Y15, Y17, YR24, R24, R27, R29, R59, W7
Hat, Scarf & Boots - R24, R27, R29, R59, W7,
Boots - E57, E59
W2, W3, W5

I hope you'll come and join us in the current Make it Crafty challenge.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...