I decided to do something different this time & step away from the Promarkers for a little bit. Instead I made this hexagonal box using the Dancing Skeleton Hexi-Box cut file from Samantha Walker, On her blog she makes is as a solid box but I decided to use tracing paper as the backing of the windows so I could use it as a tealight holder. I also adapted it by adding a small door at the back so I could easily get to the eletronic tealight and turn it on and off. I glued the top sections together so the top stays permanently closed as I didn't want any light peeking out through the gaps.
Here's what it looks like in the daylight.
And here's what it looks like lit up at night.
Here's the back where you can see the tealight inside.
Even the top looks pretty!
Looking forward to seeing your Anything Goes or Halloween entries over at Through the Purple Haze Challenges. There are two great sponsors and two great prizes. I'd also love to hear what you think so please leave a comment x
I'd like to enter this into the following challenges:
Glitter N Sparkle - Halloween
Dream Valley Challenges - Halloween
Crafty Calendar Challenges - Halloween
Crafting Boutique Challenges - Halloween
Sarah Hurley Challenges - Halloween
Dream Valley Challenges - Halloween
Crafty Calendar Challenges - Halloween
Crafting Boutique Challenges - Halloween
Sarah Hurley Challenges - Halloween







I am so in love with this Lucy I think it is FAB :)
ReplyDeleteWell what can i say bar Fabulous!!!!
ReplyDeletefiona
x
This is absolutely amazing Lucy- fantastic for the Halloween fesitivities.
ReplyDeleteLucy....what a refreshing change to see something so different ...it is absolutely fab ....thank you very much for sharing with us and joining us in this weeks challenge at Glitter N Sparkle....now following your blog too !
ReplyDeleteDebby Glitter N Sparkle DT
Lucy, this is just fabulous.. It's creations like this that make me wish I still had a cutting machine.. Love this
ReplyDeletePam DT Member...
Lucy! Wow! This is so cute and I want one now!!! Love that made the sides transparent so you could use it as a tea light holder! So clever!
ReplyDeleteHugs
Darcy
Love it!It's fabulous.Thanks for sharing it at Sarah Hurley's this month.
ReplyDeleteWow!!! Thank you so much for joining us at Sarah Hurley Challenges this time, hope to see you again soon! Elaine DT -xxx- p.s I have an all crafts challenge over at my blog which is for any craft other than a card-we'd love to see you join in! We have some fab sponsors too :-) http://www.sparklingblackrose-craftmylife.blogspot.co.uk/2013/10/all-crafts-challenge-octobernovember.html
ReplyDelete