My first project as part of the DT is part of the Double Team Challenge where Team A & Team B go up against each other & everyone who enters gets to vote for the winning DT creation so it adds an extra spice.
The challenge this week was to follow a sketch.
Our sponsor for Team A is Stitchy Bear and I had 'Waiting for You' by Priyanka to play with.
Here's the card I created.
Here's a close up of pretty Waiting for you
I coloured her using my Promarkers and Flexmarkers (shown with a *)
Skin - Coral, Sunkissed Pink, Blush
Hair - Tulip Yellow, Sunflower, Gold, Raw Sienna
Dress - Cerise, Shocking Pink*, Maroon
Wings - Pink Carnation, Cerise, Shicking Pink, Marooon
Foliage - Leaf greem, Bright Green, Pine
Flowers - Pink Carnation, Cerise
Sky - Powder Blue
I added quite a few layers to add dimension. I cut the Flower Doily and Grass border on my Cougar Cutting Machine. I also designed and cut the 'Hi' sentiment and Tag on it then coloured the mirri card shocking pink to tie in with her dress.
Don't you just love my daisys? They're made by the very talented Sam of Samaflora. I've been itching to use them for a while and thought they fitted this card perfectly!
I also tried a new technique to make the sky. I had a cloud mask from Sam's Masks and Stencils and I followed her tutorial on using Chipped Sapphire Distress Inks with the foam tool to make the clouds. I've owned some Distress Inks for a while now, but this is the first time I've used them. I need to practice and master them more. For the grass at the bottom I dabbed it with Mown Grass Distress Ink on a foam tool.
Anyway enough from me today. I hope you like it and I'd love to hear what you think so leave me a little message.
Don't forget to pop over to Through the Purple Haze Challenges and join in - see you there x
I'd like to enter this into the following challenges:








Lovely card Lucy and well done you on your first challenge with TTPHC...i love the flowers and the stencil...i guess i know where i will be visiting soon as i have never done sky before....lol ..Anita xx
ReplyDeleteLucy, your card is soooo beautiful! I just love it!
ReplyDeleteHugs
Darcy
Its beautiful Lucy, lovely bright colours and just a very very nice card...cant wait to see what else you make..
ReplyDeletefiona
The way you have created your beautiful sky background paper and then layered your fairy digi behind that lovely grass and the addition of the stunning flowers puts me in a wildflower meadow on a summer's day where I find a fairy waiting for me. You have created such a pretty and restful scene Lucy and I love your card. Good luck in our challenge this week. Ingrid xx (OSAAT Team)
ReplyDeleteA beautiful scene with this lovely image. I love it. Thanks for joining us at OSAAT. Hazel x
ReplyDeleteLovely card Lucy. Congratulations on being on the design team.
ReplyDeletePriyanka draws such beautiful images and you made this one into a gorgeous card. Thank you for joining us at OSAAT. Jennie x
ReplyDelete