Saturday, 9 February 2013

Happy Birthday Rio

Today is time for a very special blog hop! Rio - Betty's Daughter & the inspiration for many of Simply Betty's Stamps is celebrating her birthday & we grouped together to throw this blog hop in her honour!

Happy Birthday Rio!!! 
Hope you're enjoying the hop & having a great day :D

Betty designed a very special image for Rio & we've all made different projects with it. It's been amazing seeing how the same image can look so completely different.

You should have come to me from Carrie if you haven't and would like to start the hop from the beginning head over to the Simply Betty Stamps Blog & hop away.

Here's my humble attempt. Now zombie's are not my thing, but once I got started I really enjoyed colouring her. I tried one of the new hair combinations I've been playing with & for the first time ever I actually seem to have got frills to looks like frills!


I used a large acrylic Birthday stamp (designer forgotten) to make the card background.

Zombie Rio was then coloured with my trusty Promarkers (what else would I use!)

These are the colours I used:

Skin - Cool Aqua, Duck Egg, Turquoise

Dress & Socks - Orchid, Purple, Aubergine

Hair - Tulip Yellow, Sunflower, Gold

Shoes - Marine, Petrol Blue

Books - Salmon Pink, Antique Pink, Carmine & Aegean, French Navy


This is the inside of the card - I used a sentiment stamp from a Stampin Up Hostess set I won a couple of years ago.


I hope you like it Rio x

You should now hop on to Kaylou


Here's the full list in case you've got lost. I'd love to hear what everyone thinks x



Lucy http://loopylass2010.blogspot.co.uk/ <----------------- You are Here

6 comments:

  1. Wow your coloring is so beautiful. I love the colors you chose. The inside sentiment is funny :) Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great...love that skin color!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great coloring and I love the background

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job on this design!

    Love your colouring and it's such a lovely idea. Smiles.

    Hugs,
    Karen.xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute card, love that blue skin!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...