Saturday, 15 December 2012
Digi Galore Challenge - Christmas
It's that time of the month again - the new challenge at Digi Galore. The last challenge was Anything Goes so I hope some of you joined in. This time it's a nice easy theme too - Christmas! I'm sure you can come up with some lovely creations. Have a peek at the rules but they're nice and easy.
For this challenge our sponsor is Sassy Studio and I had the wonderful Ellie the Elf digi to play with. She was great fun to play with.
I decided to try combining a couple of techniques which stretched my brain a little. I wanted to use my Foilmaster to create a shiny Christmas tree but didn't want to hand cut around the coloured digi to layer it on top. It took a bit of thinking to work out how to do it but I got there in the end.
I used Craft Artist and sized the digi and Christmas tree vector to the size I wanted. I used Cut out Studio to remove the background from the Digi & then used the punch tool to make a punch in the shape of the digi so I could punch and remove the portion of the tree that's behind Ellie.
Once I had done that I lined Ellie up with the Ellie sized gap in the tree. Then I temporarily deleted her and printed the tree on my laser printer. I transferred the paper to my inkjet printer reinstated Ellie & deleted the tree then printed. After a bit of tweaking of printer settings I had it so Ellie printed exactly into the Ellie Sized gap on the tree.
The reason for this tooing and froing is that the foil sticks to the laser toner but not to the inkjet ink so when I put it through the Foilmaster the green foil stuck to the tree but left the ink on the digi black as I wanted it.
I then coloured Ellie using my Promarkers and finished her off with some glossy accents. I decided to leave the card fairly plain other than the main decoration as I didn't want to complicate it too much.
This shows the high shine on the foil a little better.
I really hope you like it. We'd love you to join in over at the Digi Galore Challenge.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment