Monday, 20 October 2014

SBS 13 Days of Halloween - Day 8

http://simplybettystamps.blogspot.co.uk/


Day 8 Already! Where has the time gone????

Today's challenge is

Oh the EMBOSSIBILITES!  Use Halloween embossing 

folders, or wet embossing using Halloween

 backgrounds.  MUST be Halloween themed.

I decided to cover both bases and use wet and dry embossing (just in case :P)


I used the Stampin Up Spider Web Textured Impression Embossing folder to dry emboss some black card. I then ran a Versamark pad over the raised lines and applied Heat it Up Black Sparkle Embossing Powder. 

I tried it twice and ended up with two different effects as the Versamark caught the base more on the right hand one. I love both effects but decided to use the cleaner one on the left hand side for this project. 


I mounted the embossed panel on some papers from the Carina Gardner Spooky Collection

I added a cut out Spider which I'd embossed with clear embossing powder.
Here you can really see the sparkles in the embossed web.



I had another play with clear embossing powder on the sentiment (again from the Carina Gardner Spooky Collection). I was triple embossing and building up the layers to make it look like a glazed embellishment, but then decided to try a layer of Gold Pearl embossing powder on top.


As the layer of clear was so thick the gold pearl moved about on the surface so I was able to 'blow' the Gold Pearl out to the side. I really like the effect it gives - a bit of an accident, but a happy one at that.


When it catches the light it's quite dramatic.


Here's Jack Skellington who's a retired digi from Simply Betty. 


I coloured him with my Copics

Head - E50, E51, E53, E55
Eyes - W5, W7, W9
Suit - N5, N7, N9, 100
Bow Tie - E18, E19


I hope you like him



1 comment:

  1. Totally awesome! love how you have used both techniques of embossing!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...