Tuesday, 7 October 2014

SBS 13 Days of Halloween - Day 3!!

SBS 13 Days of Halloween - Day 3!!

 Blood Curdling effects add bloody (not really use your embossing powders or spray mists) effects on your projects.



Day 3!!! How did we get here already? Are you having fun yet? I know I am!!

So this week it's blood blood blood! I tried a new technique for this. I've seen several Acetate based cards and loved the look so decided to give it a try for this card using Betty and Chris Transylvanian Couple

This is the result.




I tried several 'bloody' techniques for this card. 

Firstly I used some Red Pepper Alcohol Ink. I tried dripping it onto the acetate straight from the bottle but it created drips that were far too big. I then tried squeezing some into a pot, picking some up on a cocktail stick and using that to create the drips. That worked perfectly - but did scare me a little when I glanced round later and found this sitting on the desk!!!



For the second Blood effect I cut a dripping blood banner from red card using my Black Cat Cutter. I then dunked it in UTEE in my Meltpot. I love the effect it's given. There's not 100% coverage so that gives a more realistic effect. I love the bubbles in it. I stuck the bloody borders along the top and bottom of the card using super sticky red tape.





I coloured them with my Copics



I cut the sentiment in black vinyl on my Black Cat Cutter and stuck it straight onto the vinyl.

I really hope you like my card. I had fun making it and will definitely use Acetate as a base in the future. 

What Bloody Creations will you make for Day 3 of the 13 Days of Halloween???





3 comments:

  1. What a great idea! It turned out wonderful! And I love that stamp you used!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooooo cool!!!!! Love this effect on the acetate! Very clever!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this. Great bloody effect!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...