Saturday, 4 October 2014

SBS 13 Days of Halloween - Day 2!!!

13 Days of Halloween - Day 2

Spooky Gears, Cogs, and webs Steampunk out your Halloween projects
 Anything goes but Steampunk it out. 




Woo hoo!!!! It's the second day of the 13 Days of Halloween already! Hope you enjoyed Day 1.
Today the challenge is to Steampunk it Out! Steampunk is well outside my comfort zone, but I gave it a good old try.


I used all sorts of fun things on this card. The base uses some Tim Holtz patterned paper which I embossed using the Tim Holtz Halloween embossing folder. I highlighted the embossed edges using Distress Inks so they really stand out. 

The cogs round the edges are cut using the Gearworks Border die from Memory Box. 
I cut them from bronzy card & used a Copic to distress the edges.


I used Chris the Science Guy cos he looks like such a crazy Professor. 
He's always experimenting and inventing things (and usually getting into trouble with it!)


I coloured him using my copics.




I added some Wink of Stella to the potion so it looked really poisonous. 
When I coloured the mat around the beaker I deliberately coloured the top section lighter so it looks as thought a glow is emminating from the potion. 


I added some cogs and metal embellishments to the bottom right hand corner and added a glass vial with items in it.



Finally I used a metal corner embellishment and drew a cheeky spider dangling from it. 




I hope you like my attempt at Steampunk. Looking forward to seeing your entry at the SBS 13 Days of Halloween Day 2 :D



3 comments:

  1. Cute! This is absolutely adorable!! And I love that cute little spider.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally fabulous make!!!! Love the steampunk look you have achieved!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this card!! and all embellishments specially that little bottle

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...