Woo Hoo!!! Let the count down to Halloween begin!!!!
Every year Betty of Simply Betty has a mega celebration as a count down to Halloween.
This lady really is a Halloween addict. She gets soooooooo excited months and months before.
..... and when I say excited I mean Really Really Excited!!!
Each year on the SBS Blog she holds a mega month long challenge party called the
13 Days of Halloween
There are 13 Challenges throughout October with all sorts of different themes.
Some challenges last for a few days, and some for 24hrs so it keeps everyone on their toes.
I've taken part in the last few years and loved it, but this year is extra special and super exciting.
A while back Betty ran a competition to find people to take part in the run for Halloween Princess. The challenge was to create something with one of her digis and 6 entrants out of the 13 were picked to be in the running.
I really couldn't believe it when I heard I was one of them.
What a huge honour and surprise!
It means I've had a sneak peek of the challenge themes and a little extra time to create them.
I will freely admit I've put my heart and soul into making these projects as the prize is amazing and I'd love love love to win!
So here we go - Let the Count down to Halloween Begin!
13 Days of Halloween - Day 1
BANNING Halloween...
Create a Halloween banner to kick off the Season.
Here we go - my first project! A Halloween Banner to hang on my Mantlepiece
Here it is in situ, but I struggled to get a decent photograph
Here's some close ups of each of the pieces.
The Papers are from the digital version of the Echo Park Paper Company Arsenic and Lace pack.
The lacy bottoms are glittery Bazzil cardstock punched with a lacy border punch.
I cut the Bats on my Black Cat Cutting Machine & covered the plain black card with clear Wink of Stella shimmer pen to give it this subtle shimmery effect. They were a good way of hiding the glue dots I used to stick the banner to the mantle piece.
This is Count Chris. I coloured him with my Copics and
added Glossy Accents to his eyes to add to their shinyness.
I was a bit cheeky with this one and swapped the numbers on the banner round so 31 days of Halloween became the 13 Days of Halloween :D :D :D Appropriate or what???
I cut out the top panel, distressed the edges and mounted it on foam pads.
I added a touch of Wink of Stella shimmer pen and Glossy Accents to the '13' and some more Wink of Stella to the scroll work.
This panel was pretty much as it came with the paper pack.
The sentiment seemed very appropriate for the challenge I'm taking part in.
I cut out the middle section and mounted it on foam dots,
and added some Glossy Accents to the 'Enter'.
The original embellishment said King of Halloween but that wasn't quite right for me
so I tweaked it (I checked the T&C before doing this).
I added some Wink of Stella to the banner, the pumpkin and the crown
and then finished with some Glossy accents on the Pumpkin.
I edged the Pumpkin topper and Banner with Distress Ink and mounted each on foam pads.
Here's Countess Betty. I coloured her with my Copics and added Glossy Accents to her eyes.
Another Wink of Stella'd bat at the other end and the banner was complete. I used a range of Halloween twine and ribbons to mount it.
Here's the complete Banner.
I really hope you like it.
I didn't plan it at the outset, but love the fact that the words say
'13 Days of Halloween' 'Enter if you Dare' 'Halloween Princess'!
How appropriate for me as an Honorary Halloween Princess Contestant!!!
Pop over to the SBS Blog to join in the 13 Days of Halloween fun and see you back here soon :D










This is Super Cute!
ReplyDeleteVery pretty banner! Love the images you have used. Great embellishments as well.
ReplyDelete