Saturday, 25 October 2014

A Halloween Frame with Rick St Dennis

Woo Hoo!!! Digi Galore Challenges is back!!! 

We've had a lovely break over the summer but it's great to be back!

What a way to start - with Rick St Dennis as a Sponsor!

The theme of course is Halloween - what else could it be?

This week I've been staying at a crafty friend's house. It's been a lovely week, not only cos it's given me a chance to spend time with her, but also because it's given me a chance to play with her stash! She's got Brushos which I've seen demo'd but not tried myself so I decided to use them to make a backing for Mystique from Rick St Dennis.


I love the vibrancy and intensity of the Brushos but need much more practice to get the subtle sprinked effect that I've seen demo'd


I coloured Mystique with my friend's Promarkers. It's been a while since I've coloured with Promarkers & I'd forgotten what lovely pens they are. I don't get people who say they're not as good as Copics. they have a different nib so behave differently, but they're just as good.


I used:
Skin - Blush, Sunkissed Pink, Coral, Burnt Orange with Pastel Pink cheeks
Hair - Cocoa, Chestnut, Walnut (with E29 & E49 Copic added for depth - that's the one thing the Pro's are missing)
Hat - Royal Blue, Indigo Blue, Black
Roses - Arctic Blue, True Blue.

It's hard to catch on a straight photo but on the angle you can sort of see that the stars and hat band are coloured with Sakura Stardust pen and the draped fabric round the hat is coloured with Clear Wink of Stella pen so it shimmers and looks like organza.



I hope you like her. I've got a companion frame coming on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...