Monday, 16 February 2015

Send a Little Love

Today is a chance to combine two things I love - That Craft Place is sponsoring Through the Purple Haze Challenges! What a great combination eh!

Here's the easel card I made. It's not the best photo as the light wasn't good, but I hope you can see well enough.





The card base was cut using a free cut file from Bird Cards. The theme of the challenge is to embellish as much as possible. I struggle to make very embellished cards so this is the best I've managed. I know I know - still fairly clean and simple for many people, but trust me I tried! The gold on the edges is a hint of Krylon Gold Leafing pen.

I used Love from Sugar and the 'Love' from 'With Love' and the 'You' from 'Happy Birthday to You' Scrabble Alphabet Birthday & General set



I coloured Love from Sugar with my copics

Skin - E000, E00, E21, E11, E04 with R20 Cheeks
Hair - E23, E25, E27, E29, E49, W7
Top - R32, R35, R37, R39, R59
Shorts - BV23, BV25, BV27, BV29




I embellished the double heart stopper by adding Kryon Gold Leaving pen to the bottom layer, Crystal Stickles to the middle layer & Glossy accents and a pearl to the top layer. 



It's been an exciting challenge for me as I'm lucky enough to have been asked to be a DT member of the new Sugar & Betty Challenge blog which will be launching on the 1st March. 



Looking forward to seeing your entries at Through the Purple Haze Challenges xxx

1 comment:

  1. Like the cut out pattern around the edge and what an ingenious design. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...