Monday, 19 August 2013

Back to School - Simply Betty

Simply Betty bought out some wonderful Teen Scene Back to School digis and I fell in love with them! I Study Hard Rio in particular caught my attention as although she's school themed she can also be used for other things :D Like me she looks very happy tucked up with a book.

The Simply Challenged Blog's theme this fortnight is 'Back to School' so I thought I'd colour her up and enter. The Theme at Through the Purple Haze Challenges is a bingo board where you have to choose three elements in a line running vertically, horizontally or diagonally.

My heart sank when I saw that most of the lines contained 'Three papers'! Using patterned papers isn't one of my strong points, but I'm up for a challenge so decided to put my big girl pants on and give it a go. This is the result:


As you can see I chose the top left to bottom right diagonal with Bling, Three Papers and Sentiment

The patterned and plain papers are from the It's Elementary Digi Pack at Jessica Sprague

I coloured Rio with my Promarkers:

Skin - Coral, Sunkissed Pink, Blush, Pastel Pink Cheeks,
Hair - Tulip Yellow, Sunflower, Gold, Raw Sienna
Top - Turquoise, Marine, Petrol Blue
Skirt - Bright Orange, Orange, Burnt Orange
Books - Burgundy, Olive Green, Spice, Sky Blue, Tulip Yellow, Buttercup

I hope you like her :D I'd love to hear what you think.

I'd like to enter Rio into the following challenges:






11 comments:

  1. Lucy! Fabulous card! I love it! And what great timing as school is starting here! Great coloring talent too. So bright and cheery! Thanks for joining us again at Through the Purple Haze Challenges!

    Darcy DT
    TTPHC

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucy what a colorful card i love it and yes as DArcy said just made in the right theme......lovely and thanks for joining us.

    Fiona DT
    TTPH

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great back to school themed card! Fun details and a cheerful and colorful design!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I dont think you had anything to worry about with your 3 papers Lucy, your card is fabulous! Really bright and colourful and the background papers are spot on!
    Love it!
    Good luck and thanks for joining in with this week's challenge.
    Lisa
    Through The Purple Haze Challenges DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous back to school card...Thanks for playing along with us at Di's Digi Designs this fortnight.
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card Lucy, love the colouring and the papers! They worked out really well on the card, you're a natural :) Thanks for joining us this week at Through the Purple Haze Challenges.
    Eithne DT
    www.cardroomdelights.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
  7. ooh she is so sweet ..I love the vibrant colours so fun..thanks for joining us at SCC

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well look at you, you DID IT and did an awesome job with it..
    Fab coloring
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute. Love it. Thanks for joining in the SCC challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful work love it,thank you for joining us SCC
    Hugs Kaylou XX

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card! I love the combination of papers and the colors you used!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...