Saturday, 24 March 2018

Say Happy Mother's Day with Flowers from Make it Crafty

Have you wanted to play with the flowers in the Floral Elements Collection from Make it Crafty, but are not sure where to start? Well you could do what I did and start with one of the premade arrangements and add some extra words, flowers and elements. Zoe has done a great tutorial on how to layer digi stamps if you want some tips on how to do it.


To give you an idea of how I created it I've shown the different parts in different colours. You can see how just a few added elements changes the look of the Happy Flower Arrangement. 

To build the depth I used the Eraser tool to remove parts of the different layers so different petals look like they're sitting above other flowers or the words. Here's what the Mother's Day words actually look like (would you have guessed?).


I love the finished result. 
I love Dog Roses to chose their colour scheme and kept the colouring fairly simple.


For the finishing touch I added a little shading to the words with C2, a layer of Wink of Stella to give a gentle shimmer, and finished with a layer of glossy accents.


I hope you like my creation and it's inspired you to have a go yourself. It really is easier than it first appears.

Make it Crafty Digis Used:
Flowers and Leaves from the Floral Elements Collection (smaller bundles of flowers are available)

Copics Used:
Rv23, RV25, RV29
G14, G17, G29
Y02, Y08, Y17
BOOO
Wink of Stella, Glossy Accents


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...