Sunday, 3 April 2016

Skies with Make it Crafty

It's time for a new challenge at Make it Colourful and this time the them is Skies. This is inspired by Zoe's amazing new Ebook - Fun Techniques for Colouring Skies. Have you seen it yet? If not pop over and have a look. It really is an amazing set of tutorials & comes with a collection of digi stamps included so you can join in the tutorials.

I've never attempted to colour a sunset sky before, but with Zoe's tutorial I felt brave enough to do it. Here's what I created with the Australian Outback Farm Road digi.


I was inspired by this photo that my friend Gemma took a month or so ago out of her window. My cards is a little closer in colour to the photo in real life, but comes out slightly bluer in pics. I this this sky is so beautiful.


Here's a few close ups.


I really love the combination of colours in this. I just wish I could capture it on camera as it in in real life. I've used tips from the Fun Techniques for Colouring Skies to create the shading and the clouds.

You can see I've added a few dark blue hightlights to the black ground to add interest.


I coloured the scene with my Copics:
Sky - B24, B32, BV02, BV04, V12, V17, R32, RV34, RV04
Australian Outback Farm Road  is coloured with W5, W7, W9, 100 with B69 Highlights

I really hope you think I did the theme justice and I hope you come over and join in. Don't forget to look at the Fun Techniques for Colouring Skies Ebook - it really is amazing.



2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...