Tuesday, 12 April 2016

M.E./ Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Inspiration with Saturated Canary

As some of you will know I have M.E./ Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. It's a condition I've been battling for over 13 years and it has a huge impact on my life. It's an illness that means the tiny little activities of daily life exhaust me and I have to really pace out everything I do. It's something a lot of people don't understand as I look healthy a lot of the time, but it's caused me to loose a huge amount from my life. If you want to find out more the Action for M.E. website has lots of information - especially the All About M.E. booklet on this page.

 Despite the challenges of M.E I usually stay very positive. This is why I love crafting - it's an activity that's happy to wait for me & is there for me to enjoy on better days - even if it's only for a short time. M.E. can be very isolating and through crafting I've met amazing people and made wonderful friends. 

I will admit I've had a tough winter this year & have found I'm more tired than normal. M.E. gets me down at times, but I try not to let it beat me. As soon as I saw Sleeping Beauty Revised from Saturated Canary I knew I wanted to create something with her. I saw the basis of this quote online and knew it suited me. M.E. is a daily battle, but if I manage to make someone smile, or make someone with health problems realise they can keep going and battle on then it's a day well spent :D


Here's a close up of Sleeping Beauty Revised. I really love her.



I personalised the original quote by adding the M.E. at the beginning. It works on two levels - me being me, and M.E. the illness.

I'm going to frame her and put her on my wall to keep me smiling on hard days. 
I hope she makes you smile - especially if you're having a bad day today.


I coloured her with my Copics
Skin - E000, E00, E21, E11, E04 with R20
Hair - E23, E25, E27, E29, E49
Dress - BG45, BG49, BG09, B97, B99
Cushions:
R24, R27, R29, R59
Y35, Y38, YR24
BV02, BV04, BV08
B95, B97, B99

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...