Wednesday, 26 August 2015

Blending Outside the Colour Family with Make it Crafty

Do you ever have that experience where an idea for a card or colouring pops into your head and just has to be made? I had that last night. I was super tired and really needed to head to bed - but this one just needed making! I love it when ideas pop into my head like that.

I'm following the Make it Colourful Challenge from Make it Crafty to Blend colours from different colour families and also submitting this to the Make it Crafty DT Call. 

Here's what I created.


I used Lilli Faye  and the Birch Forest and typed the sentiment myself.
I stretched Birch Forest a little height wise so it made a scene of better perspective. This is what I love about digi stamps! The ability to alter things a little to make it fit the idea I have. 

I decided the Birch Forest looked wintery so I decided to use a cool colour theme. 
I created the sky by blending Blue and Blue Green Copics
Bottom to Top - B69, B66, B63, BG01, BG05, BG09


I added a few dabs of Stickles Stardust to give a star like effect. 




The trees are E40, E42, E43, E44
and the Cast Shadows are C3 & C2
I even added a subtle Cast Shadow to the sentiment with C1

Here's a close up of Lilli Faye 


I continued the theme of blending between colour families when colouring Lilli Faye and shaded her from Blue Green to Blue to White and added some Blue Green to her skin.

Skin E000, E00, E21, E11, E04 with touches of BG15 & BG13
Hair - Y00, Y02, Y08
Dress - B01, B05, Blender
Wings - B01, B02, B05, BG13, BG15, BG18, Blender, Stickles Stardust

I'll admit I'm really pleased with how it turned out. I love being challenged to try something new and while I've blended between colour families before I've not done it to this degree. I love that the idea that popped into my head came out as I hoped it would. Using the Make it Crafty backgrounds to build a scene always creates such impact.

I hope you like it. 

3 comments:

  1. Hi Lucy, this is such a gorgeous piece of art. You are really really good att CAS. Good luck at the DT Call, I think they will love this. Hugs Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucy I love this it looks simply stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a gorgeous card and amazing coloring! ♥

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...