I love Geeky Love from Make it Crafty! There's a whole series of them - following them from when they meet and fall in love as kids, get married & have a little baby geek.
Make it Crafty runs two challenges a month
I decided to combine the two and made this wedding card with Geeky Love Kiss.
This card is clean and simple, but I built it up with several layers.
The red card mat gave it a hint of colour. I built the shaker element by cutting a heart shape out of the base card, the red card & the top layer. I used fun foam with the heart cut out as the spacer as it gave more stability than foam tape. Acetate forms both sides of the shaker.
Here it is standing up so you can see through the shaker. I used beads, sequins and gems to give a wedding theme.
Here's a close up of the shaker. You can all so see the shimmer on her Veil - I got a little carried away with the Wink Of Stella. I also added a little to the highlights of her dress.
Here's close up of those geeky love birds.
I coloured them with my Copics
Skin - E000, E00, E21, E11, E04 with R20 Cheeks
Her Hair - E23, E25, E27, E29, E49
His Hair - E53, E55, E57, E59
Dress - E50, E51, Wink of Stella
Flowers - R24, R27, R59, G17
Suit - T5, T7, T9, 100
Tie - R24, R27, R29, R59
Floor - E53
Cast Shadows - W3, W5
I really hope you like my card.
I'd like to enter this into the following challenges:




I adore this card. You've done a beautiful job on it and your photographs are amazing! Is your name Lucy Lass?
ReplyDeleteIt's Lucy Gregg Gail - Lucy Lass would be a cool name :D
DeleteVery cute. Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteSo cool Lucy!
ReplyDeleteWonderful card!
ReplyDeleteJust had to come by and say how AMAZING this Card is Looooove it! Enjoy your Weekend!
ReplyDeleteThis is a fantastic shaker card, Lucy, and I love all the glimmer you've added! Thank you for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!
ReplyDeleteOh my!! This is such a sweet wedding card!!!
ReplyDeleteGorgeous shaker card! I love all the sparkle and the Wink of Stella ;)! Thanks for joining us at our Make It Crafty CAS Challenge and good luck! Hugs Delphine xx
ReplyDelete