Sunday, 21 June 2015

Lots of Layers with Gorjuss

It's challenge time at That Craft Place and this time the theme is Anything Goes with an optional Layers twist.

Most people find layers easy, but for me they're a real challenge. I use layers occasionally, but generally I keep my cards clean and simple. It was good to have a challenge - though I know I've still not achieved as many layers as some of my stunning co-DT members. 

I had a great time playing with some of my Gorjuss stamp sets. I've not played with proper stamps for a while so it was nice to get mucky.


From the front it doesn't look like many layers, but from the side you can see how many layers I built up. 



I used Stazon to stamp the frame on the mirror card and then cut it out and mounted it on a white base with 3D foam pads. 



 I tucked some paper flowers and assembled pearl hat pins behind the frame.



Even the bracket frame and the book are layered up with 3D Foam pads.
I added some glosssy accents around the edge of the bracket to give definition.

I love the rose ribbon. Such a simple idea yet so effective. I layered it on a piece of wider white ribbon so it stands out more.




These are the flowers & hat pins. How pretty are they! I love that they come unassembled and you can make them up as works best with your project.

The photo corner is another Gorjuss stamp which I coloured in and coated with glossy accents


Here's my Gorjuss Girl


I coloured her with my Copics
Skin - E000, E00, E21, E11, E04 with R20 Cheeks
Hair - E23, E25, E27, E29, E49
Dress - RV32, RV24, RV69
Books - E81, E31, E33, E35, G40, G46, G28



These are the items I used.
They can all be purchased from their developing That Craft Place Web Shop or their very active Facebook page.

Stamps
Gorjuss Stamps
New Heights - Girl & Photo Corner
The Pretend Friend - Frame
I Gave you My Heart - Sentiment block and book

Inks
Jet Black Stazon 
Stazon Cleaner
Tuxedo Black 
Copics

Embellishments
Paper Flowers
Pearl beads & Hat pins
White ribbon
Pink Rose Ribbon

Tools
Hot Glue Gun
3D Foam Dots
Glossy Accents


I really hope you like what I created. 
I'd love to see your creations entered into the Anything Goes with optional Layers over at That Craft Place Challenges.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...