Monday, 14 July 2014

Happy Birthday Through the Purple Haze Challenges!!!!

Happy Birthday to You,
Happy Birthday to You,
Happy Birthday Through the Purple Haze Challenges
Happy Birthday to You!

Wow it's amazing to believe Through the Purple Haze Challenges turns 1 this week!!!!

I've been involved with Through the Purple Haze Challenges since the beginning - first as a challenge entrant - entering every single week in the hope of winning the big prize - then in September I was lucky enough to be accepted onto the DT. I consider myself really luck to be part of such a great team of lovely and amazingly talented people.


So on with the celebrations! We're really doing it in style! Each day this week we've got a different sponsor. There's an Anything Goes challenge running all week (optional Birthday twist), and each day there's a blog hop happening visiting different DT members each day. Some of the DT are also offering Bolg Candy on their own blog. All in all it's a great big party all week long :D


I'm offering blog candy of my own this week. 
From all the comments on the blog hop posts on my blog this week I'll randomly draw a winner on the 25th July. 

Today you should have hopped to me from Carla


Anyway time for today's celebration! Today we're sponsored by the amazing Simply Betty. I love love love SBS Images and must confess I own a scary number, but always seem to find another I fall in love with and must own. Today I had a chance to play with Betty Munster.


I made a Side Stepper card using the instructions in the Mini Master Pieces Book from Hougie 


The Sentiment is a digi stamp from Stampin Up. I cut it into three sections to fit the three steps of the card. 


I coloured the edge with Spun Sugar Distress Ink & then blinged it up with a bit of glitter glue.

Here's a close up of Betty Munster.


I coloured her with my Copics:
Skin - E000, E00, E21, E11, E04 with R20 Cheeks
Hair - BV000, C5, C7, C9, 100 with Y06 as the candle light shining on her hair
Eyes - BV02, BV13, BV17
Dress - V05, V06, V09, V99
Cake - RV53, RV55, V000
Candle - Y06, YR16, R29



I really hope you like my creation. Don't forget to leave a comment containing the word 'Birthday' to be in with a chance to win the Through the Purple Haze Challenges Hop prize, and my own Blog Candy Prize.

Your next stop on the Hop is with the lovely Joanie

Happy Hopping xxx

21 comments:

  1. This is fabulous, Perfect for our Birthday Bash xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great birthday post, Lucy!! and your SBS card is absolutely gorgeous!! I love it!!!!
    Hugs
    Darcy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your step card.... Awesome!! Image is beautiful, just what is needed to start our Birthday party!!

    Hugs
    Joanie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the image and the color your chose!! Awesome coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great side stepper card and I LOVE the colours and as always Lucy such great coloring. Thanks for all you have done for TTPHC and for being here on our first birthday! Much appreciated xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute card! Love what you did with her hair. I agree Simply Betty Stamps are fabuous! I love the side stepper card, but I have never attempted one, mainly because I don't know how. LOL! So THANK YOU for sharing the how to make one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG Lucy, this is adorable.. I love the side step card and your image is fabulous. Happy Birthday to the TTPH Team.

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card made me smile. What a cute image and wonderful way to showcase a BIRTHDAY wish. Thanks for sharing.
    Crafty hugs,
    D~
    designsbyDragonfly.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card, love the step card! I love the SBS stamps tooo! Hugs.......Carla

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the purple, my fav colour...so guess, yes, i love this card...lol xx.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's a really fun birthday card, and in my favourite colour too. Loving Simply Betty images, I NEED some. x

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW this s a brilliant Birthday card, Congrats on the One year mark, Love Hazel (Didos) xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Lucy what a wonderful "Birthday" card. Love that image and love SBS images as well I follow her on FB and have some of her images as well. I love blog hops they are so much fun. TFS.
    Linda K.
    www.ladybugstampers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous card for a birthday! Love your great design and coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh I am going to be singing Happy Birthday to YOU, all day long, LOL...fantastic side stepper card, fabulous image, beautifully coloured xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy birthday to you too....what a marvellous card with great coloring!
    xxx Margreet

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hazel, I'm so happy to share your first Birthday celebration with you and your wonderfully inspiring TTPH design team. TFS! Hugz, ~ Rose

    ReplyDelete
  18. So happy to share your first Birthday celebration with you and your wonderfully inspiring TTPH design team. TFS! Hugz, ~ Rose

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy First Birthday Blog Hop and Challenge - congrats for being on the DT - lovely card creation and I like the side-step layout you created - have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lucy, i love this card, 1; it's purple my fav colour, 2: it's amazing
    hugs
    jo xxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lucy She is stunning! I love your card it is just so pretty so Happy Birthday Through the Purple Haze.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...