I've made two cards for this week's Through the Purple Haze Challenges. They're both very different - each inspired by the digis provided by our sponsors.
First is this beauty from Aurora Wings. I love love love Aurora Wings digis! They always terrify me when I first look at them, but I love challenging myself and they look lovely when completed.
This lady is Snow Queen - Ice Beauty and what a beauty she is.
I used the Memorybox Frostyville Border Die & made the card base from Acetate to add to the wintery icy feel
(what a joke to be making something so wintery in the middle of a heatwave!)
I added Stickles glitter to her eyeshadow and the snowflakes in her crown and hair.
and Glossy Accents to the ice crystals
I'm really please with how the Snow Queen turned out.
I deliberately kept her skin tone light with no blush, and the same with her hair to give a chilly look.
I've been taking the Kit and Clowder Skin and Hair class & am really pleased with how her hair turned out.
I really hope you like her.
I'd like to enter her into these challenges:
My other card is much more summery!
I used Eve's Sunflower from Sparkle N Sprinkle.
This is a new store for me (but you know how much I love finding new digis)
I printed the sunflower three times and coloured each one.
Then I cut around the upper petals of the sunflower and shaped them so some curl upwards, and some back.
On the 3rd one I cut out the centre of the flower. I added spots of glossy accents which I then coloured with a brown marker when it was dry.
I assembled the layers of the Sunflower using Silicone Glue to give plenty of dimension
(the first time I've ever tried it).
I really hope you like both cards. Hope you can join us at Through the Purple Haze Challenges - the theme this week is Anything Goes (with an optional Handmade Flower twist)






Fabulous cards Lucy.
ReplyDeleteBoth of your cards are WONDERFUL. Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteCrafty hugs,
D~
DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot
Both cards are stunning, Lucy. I love how the delicate border and the snow queen "float" on the acetate - what a wonderfully ethereal effect! She is indeed quite beautiful and her hair is fabulous - I'm quite jealous lol! Sunflowers are my favourite flower and I love the dimensional effect you've achieved. Great work!
ReplyDeleteThanks for your visit and your lovely comment - yes, it was all a bit of a shock to end up in hospital and definitely not what I was expecting! I know I'm in the right place, but feel for my hubby who's been left in charge of Mum lol!! Depending on the result of the angiogram which should happen this p.m., they may let me go home tomorrow. Never rains but it pours, does it.
I'll hop over to the forum in a mo and let them know - it's ages since I've been on because I've been so busy!
Shoshi
Both beautiful Lucy......................i love the sun flower its amazingly well done...and as for your
ReplyDeleteSnow Queen....she is beautiful....way to go Lucy.
Fiona
x
I love both cards Lucy...the snow queen with her acetate card blank is gorgeous and the sunflower is sweet and summery! and yes you decoupaged lol...well done
ReplyDeleteWow, these are absolutely stunning!! Great job, and thanks for joining the Craftin' Desert Link Up :)
ReplyDeleteJenny ~ Craftin' Desert Diva DT
Very pretty! Thanks for joining our linky party over at Craftin Desert Diva's!
ReplyDeleteWow. your snow queen card is absolutely stunning!! Gorgeous creation!! Thanks for linking up at Craftin Desert Divas!!
ReplyDeleteKathy
Craftin Desert Divas Design Team
http://3spoileddogs.blogspot.com/