It's challenge time again over at Through the Purple Haze Challenges and we're lucky enough to have two sponsors this week so I had two images to play with.
The first sponsor is Milk Coffee. I've not come across them before but after seeing their style I'm sure I'll be back to visit their Etsy store soon.
I had the beautiful Fairy Tiffany to use and decided to make a slightly different card to show her off to her best advantage. This is the result.
I created an oval based easel card and cut it on my Cougar. I then coloured it with my Shabby Shutters and Mowed Lawn Distress Inks (something a bit different for me).
I cut Fairy Tiffany out with the Print and Cut function of my Cougar and coloured her with my Promarkers.
Wings - Purple, Orchid, Blossom, Blender, Stickles
Roses - Maroon, Ice Grey 1 & 2
Vines & Leaves - Meadow Green, Leaf Green, Bright Green, Pine
I've signed up for Kit and Clowder's Skin and Hair colouring class and worked hard to build the shadows and depth on her skin.
Skin - Burnt Orange, Coral, Sunkissed Pink, Blush with Pastel Pink Cheeks
Hair - Tulip Yellow, Sunflower, Gold, Raw Sienna
The roses on the stopper are handmade by Sam of Samaflora. They were white and I coloured the tips with my Maroon Promarker.
I'd like to enter this into the following challenges:
Our second sponsor is Crafts U Print. They gave us access to 4 printable decoupage sheets to choose from (You can get them for free if you sign up to the mailing list). I chose this lovely vintage one. I was a bit unsure about what to do as I don't do decoupage, but then I remembered a vintage nail file set I picked up in Poundland ages ago knowing it would come in useful at some point.
The background is a plain white card that I coloured with Distress Inks - Antique Photo, Fired Brick and Stormy Sky. It's only the 3rd time I've ever used distress inks, but I thought they'd work for this.
From the side you can see how high the decoupage builds up.
It was a lovely surprise to find the nail files have the vintage image printed on them as well as on the packet.
I'd like to enter this into the following challenges:
I hope you like both of my cards. Please come over and join us at Through the Purple Haze Challenges x







Lucy! I love both of these!!! Your endless talent always shines through!! The vintage card is exceptional and your coloring on the fairy card is perfect and I love that you made an easel card!!! Both projects are gorgeous!!
ReplyDeleteHugs
Darcy
These are amazing, Lucy. Your shading is quite fantastic!
ReplyDeleteShoshi
Very pretty easel card and lovely image.....beautifully coloured. Thank you for sharing it with us at Crafting with dragonflies.Wynn DT x
ReplyDeleteAmazing coloring on the easelcard. Thank you for sharing at Sweet Pea Stampers. We wish you good luck and we hope to see you again. Sylvia, DT-member
ReplyDeleteI love both your cards and the vintage one is gorgeous but the one you have entered in our challenge is superb. The fairy is stunning and the shape is so unusual but effective. Thank you for playing along with our challenge at Crafting with Dragonflies.
ReplyDeletesuch a beautiful piece of work. Thank you for joining in this month and hope to see you in future challenges
ReplyDeleteElane aka Ellapu
Owner of Eclectic Ellapu and Altered Eclectics
Oh I love your fairy - wonderfully colored and just adorable!!! Thanks for joining us this time at Sweet Pea Stampers and good luck in the drawing!!!
ReplyDeletefab, thank you for joining us over at Kaboodle Doodles this week xx
ReplyDeleteStunning easel card. Thanks for sharing your lovely card for the Sweet Pea Stampers 'easel card' challenge - hope to see you again soon, Hazel, DT x
ReplyDeleteVery very nice.
ReplyDeleteGreat cards. I adore your coloring of the fairy...she's gorgeous. I ran across your blog and am smiling. My blog is: Lacey Lassy. My new beagle pup's name is Lucy Lass. I think your blog name is awesome. :)
ReplyDeleteBoth cards are lovely! What a great shape for the first on and beautiful colouring. Thank you for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!
ReplyDeleteWow, These are brilliant, you are so talented xxx
ReplyDelete