Saturday, 1 March 2014

Steampunk with Mr Steam from Ditzie Digi Design

The challenge at Digi Galore this time is Steampunk. Now any of you who know me know I'm not a steampunk girl in any way. I admire it from afar, but have never tried to make anything in that style. There's a first time for everything though and here it is!


This rather dashing chap is Mr Steam from our sponsor Ditzie Digi Designs



I coloured him with my Promarkers:

Skin - Coral, Sunkissed Pink, Blush
Hair & 'Tash - Cocoa, Henna, Chestnut, Walnut
Shirt - Ivory, Ice Grey 1
Waistcoat and Hat - Burgundy, Warm Grey 5
Cogs - Gold and Silver gel pens
Goggles - Gold Gel Pen, Chestnut, Cool Aqua
Tie - Pine, Holly

I used the blender pen to remove some of the ink from his waistcoat so the detail of the 'embroidery' stands out. 


I added some Chronology metal Cogs, Doodled around the outside with my Walnut Promarker and stamped the Just Because stamp from Technique Tuesdays with Aged Mahogany Distress Ink.

I really hope you like him. 

Come over and join the Steampunk ness at Digi Galore

I'd like to enter Mr Steam into 


3 comments:

  1. This is awesome Lucy! I am NOT good at steampunk style but you've nailed it! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘ONE FOR THE BOYS’ challenge and please come back again soon!
    Darlene
    one of the 'Sistahs'
    The Sisterhood of Crafters
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your design is fabulous. Love your embellishments and great coloring job. Thanks for playing along with the sisterhood this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card! Your colouring is fab. Thank you so much for joining us at PCJ for our Make It Manly Challenge Karen P, Paper Crafting Journey DT

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...