Sunday, 1 December 2013

Real or Faux Stitching - explorations of my new sewing machine

The challenge at Digi Galore this fortnight is to use Real or Faux Stitching. It came at the right time for me as I've been saving like mad and have ordered a new sewing machine. I'm loving the quilting course that I'm doing so decided to pool all my birthday and Christmas money and buy a nice machine. It arrived yesterday so I had a chance to play for this project.

Our wonderful sponsor is Delicious Doodles  and I contacted Teri to check my idea fell within her terms of use as I wanted to make something in fabric rather than card. She said it was fine so off I went. I coloured Angelique with Snowflake with my promarkers, then scanned it in and printed it on T-Shirt Transfer paper for Dark Fabrics. I left plenty of space around the sides and cut the edges using the Memory Box Frosty Snowflake die to add to the snowflake theme. I then applied the transfer paper to navy fabric following the instructions.


I embellished the design using lines of fancy stitches. As you can see I need a bit more practice staying straight, but for the first time of using the machine I think I did ok. It's an amazing machine & I'm really looking forward to getting to grips with it.



Looking forward to seeing your real or faux stitching projects at Digi Galore 


1 comment:

  1. A great start to your stitching projects - the cushion is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...