Monday, 2 December 2013

Homemade Advent Calendar

Advent is a big thing in our house. For the last few years I've treated myself to one of the Playmobil Advent Calendars (when I can get them on special offer) and I've built up quite a following with my friends on Facebook all asking what I've got behind each day's door.

I decided to make myself an extra advent calendar this year using digi stamps and my Cougar cutting machine from Thyme Graphics . The digi stamp sets are 25 & Counting  and Jolly Bingo Bits from Stampin Up - yep - did you know they now do digi versions of some of their stamps? I'm soooooo pleased!


I designed a grid in Inkscape with doors that were attached on the left hand side and in a tiny section on the right (to keep them closed until the day). I then lined the digis up to the doors before printing them on my laser printer. I did this in 3 sections for the front and each time passed it through my Foil Master so the coloured foil attached to the laser toner. It's really difficult to capture on camera just how luxurious and shiny the foil is, but it looks really festive.


I lined the printed and foiled card up on my Cougar and cut the doors.

I arranged the Jolly Bingo Bits and printed and foiled them to make the base layer, then fixed it to the back of the front section.

Here are the first two doors open.


Happy Advent everyone x

I'd like to enter this to the following challenges:


8 comments:

  1. This is such a great idea, beautifully done! Thanks for joining us this month at A Little Bit Crafty! Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely advent calender. It looks super festive! Thanks for playing along with the current CraftyHands challenge. Sammy-x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this advent calendar! Such a great idea!
    Thank you for playing along with us at Sketchy Colors!
    Hugs, Wenche

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just beautiful! Thank you for joining us this week over at Love to Create Challenges.
    Amanda LTCDT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful job on your project! What a fun idea:) TFS!
    Thanks for joining us in the challenge at My Craft Spot!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Having seen this in the flesh, I can say how absolutely gorgeous it really is - photos don't do it justice! Shiny, bright, and very very cleverly constructed, even with the tiny uncut bit to keep the doors closed until you want to open them. It's a fabulous piece of work, Lucy. Very well done indeedy!

    Thank you for your lovely comment about my dad and the objects he owned. They are beautiful, aren't they. I have made such a lovely display of them which I see every time I go in the office, and each one is special because of their stories!

    Shoshi

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an amazing advent calendar! All those little windows are spectacular!

    Thanks so much for playing along with us at My Craft Spot!

    Kate
    Small Bits of Paper

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...