Thursday, 25 July 2013

Surf's Up!

A summery themed card today using this week's challenge freebie from The Stamping Chef Facebook page. I happened to look at the Just Inpirational Challenges blog and thought their colour inspiration this week would work very nicely with the digi

This is the colour palette for the challenge:


and this is my card:



I think I've tied all the colours in nicely :D

The paper was from a 6x6 stack from Fancy Pants Designs called Beach Babe. The background is a bit yellower than it appears in the photo.

The Sentiment is from Create with TLC

I ventured away from my normal Promarker skin tones this time as I wanted this Surfing Babe to have a lovely tan so I used:

Skin - Cocoa, Cinnamon, Tan, Rose Pink Cheeks
Hair - Tulip Yellow, Sunflower, Gold, Raw Sienna
Costume - Cerise, Shocking Pink*, Vermillion*
Surf Board - Sky Blue, Azure True Blue
- Lemon, Yellow, Canary


Edit: I'm very proud to say this card has been awarded Top 3 in both challenges I entered it into:






4 comments:

  1. Perfect image and great colouring to match the challenge - a really fun card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great colours to go with the challenge. thanks for joining us at Just Inspirational Challenges. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable card. Love your interpretation on the Inspirational photo. Thank you for joining us at Just Inspirational Challenge this week. Hugs Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great use of the inspirational pic, love what you have created, thanks for playing along at JIC.

    Kelly x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...