Wednesday, 3 July 2013

Summer Fairy from Simply Betty

Simply Betty has been celebrating her 3rd Birthday this month and had a wonderful image called Summer Fairy available. The monthly Facebook challenge was to create a background using any technique you wanted, but without using any stamps of any sort.

This is what I created:

I used several processes so have taken a few photos to show you how I've made them.

First of all I made masks by cutting two designs from the Silhouette Online Store out of thin plastic:

I placed the first mask on the blank tag. Using Repositional spray would have been perfect for this job but I used small pieces of rolled up magic tape.


I sprayed the top section of the tag with my Lemon Zest Dylusions Spray


Leaving the A Day in the Sun mask in place I then added the Sunburst mask over the top


and sprayed Pure Sunshine & Cherry Pie Dylusions to cover the tag


I removed both masks & lightly sprayed the tag with a yellow mice powder/ water spray to give it a nice shimmer.
This was the end result. Ignore the slight mistake - a lesson I've learnt is don't drop the tag on the wet mask you've laid to the side or it makes a bit of a mess :P


I coloured Summer Fairy using my Promarkers:

Skin: Coral, Sunkissed Pink, Blush with Pastel Pink Cheeks
Hair - Berry Red, Mandarin, Canary
Wings - Primrose, Lemon
Dress - Sky Blue, Arctic Blue, Blender


I hope you like my effort. I'd love to hear what you think x

6 comments:

  1. Holy crow Lucy! Your tag is fabulous!! Love the colors, the masking, and your coloring of Summer is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun tag! Awesome masking tutorial. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome job on her hair and that background is fab!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! Love your background, bright colors, and your coloring. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Lucy, you're going great guns with your Dylusions and masks - lovely work indeedy! Makes me jealous that I'm not able to do any at the moment lol!! Your tag is simply bursting with energy and sunlight - just what we need to reflect the sunny weather we are having! (You can get it out and look at it once the normal pattern of rain, rain, clouds and rain returns lol lol!!)

    Thank you for your lovely comments on my blog. I can just see us all traipsing down to yours, wrapped in bath towels and demanding a hot shower ROFL!!

    Yes, good progress is being made on the house. It's fun taking all these photos so I can look back and compare. I'm about to post about yesterday's progress on my ARTHaven so keep your eyes open! Be prepared to turn a bright shade of green. It is going to be so awesome...

    One day soon when I'm going to be there, I'll try and remember to contact you and you can pop up for a coffee. We've still got running water, a kettle etc. and lots of biccies. I'll give you the guided tour.

    Shoshi

    ReplyDelete
  6. so LOVE these colors and LOVE the way you have done your background! Awesome job!!!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...