Saturday, 13 October 2012

Day 4 of Simply Betty's 13 Days of Halloween Challenge

I belong to a fun group on Facebook which is dedicated to fans of Simply Betty Stamps.  It's a total madhouse but full of lots of lovely people. I don't own many Simply B Stamps yet but will gradually build my collection as Betty creates some lovely images. On her challenge blog Betty is running 13 Days of Halloween with different challenges running through October. This last week has been a bit mad for me so I havn't entered the first 3 but I decided to enter something to this one. The challenge is 'All A Glow'.

I saw this idea on the Team KNK website a while ago & wanted to give it a go. My box was made by cutting the top layer of 6x6  Core'dinations Black Magic Cardstock on my Cougar Cutting Machine, then carefully peeling off the black layer to reveal the coloured card underneath.

I prepared the 5 sides, then cut small strips of black card, scored them down the middle on my Hougie board  and folded them so they were at a 90degree angle. I then attached these at each join & glued them with my ATG gun to make the cube.

The box looks good in daylight:



....... but even more impressive  in the dark when lit by a light or electric tealight.






I think that counts as a glow!



7 comments:

  1. Holy Moly that is AMAZING!!!!!!!! WOW !!!! I'm just picking my jaw up from the floor!!! Well done!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic. Love this. Need to have a go for Halloween x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job, I love Color Coordinations papers!! Thanks for joining us for our 13 Days of Halloween at SCC
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. great job... Love color coordinations papers! Thanks for joining us for our 13 Days of Halloween at SCC
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. these are fab!
    thank you for joining in with the 13 days of Halloween
    Love Jan
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...