Thursday, 25 October 2012

Day 10 Of Simply Betty's 13 Days of Halloween

After a while of not crafting for a variety of reasons I'm back at it. This Day of Simply Betty's 13 Days of Halloween challenges was quite a challenge.

The Challenge is to use any non 'persona' image & make it resemble your favourite movie ghoul, ghost, witch or scary persona. I'm ashamed to admit that I only own 6 of Betty's lovely digis (something I hope to remedy soon) & two of them are character images (Jack Skellington & Christian the Dark Hero who I used for the last challenge) so some lateral thinking was needed!!! :S

Luckily inspiration struck & Baking Betty from the Teen Scene Kitchen Fun release became Hermione Granger brewing the Polyjuice Potion in Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets.



I visited the Warner Bros Studio Tour in Watford in March so the background of the card is a photo I took of the Potions Dungeon! It was an amazing tour & I took sooooo many photos - but I never thought they'd come in useful for a challenge like this!

I used an image of old paper as the background & added the description of Polyjuice Potion & part of the ingredient list to create the frame.


I coloured Hermione/ Baking Betty with my Promarkers sticking to the Gryffindor House colours of burgundy & gold. It made me laugh thinking of them having house coloured potions aprons. Mine even seems to have taken on a linen or knitted texture.

Hope you like it. It's horrible weather here so difficult to get a decent picture.

10 comments:

  1. OMG... I love this!!! what a fab idea!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant idea!!!! How cool is that?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. way to go how great ..way to work the challenge thanks for joining us at SCC ..very clever :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very clever using a photo to create your background for the image - brilliant Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this is a Fantastic idea, Love, LOVE it .. Great job! Thank you for joining in our 13 Days of Halloween at SCC
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome idea and SO cool you had an actual picture to use!
    {hugs}
    Regan

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a FAB idea! She looks grate with the photo of yours! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...