Tuesday, 3 July 2018

Anything Goes with Tiddly Inks

Well it's time for the July Challenge over at the Tiddly Inks Challenge & this month it's the flexible Anything Goes! So get your Tiddly Inks out and get creating. 

My creation seemed meant to be! I'd chosen this page from the Friendship Days Colouring Book & printed it out, but then had a brief pause before colouring to investigate the source of a buzzing noise in the loft. Imagine my surprise to find a colony of Bumblebees who've made a nest up there! A consultation of Google shows that they're Tree Bumblebees - (Bombus hypnorum) that have appeared in the UK since 2001 and do often nest in the roof space of houses, or in bird boxes. They're harmless unless disturbed. I did rather like the quote from this article that said 'If the person is just concerned because of the drone clouds, I aim to educate the caller to enjoy the spectacle and feel honoured to be a “Bee Landlord”. Unless they fiddle with the nest, they should be perfectly safe.'

So my colouring page just had to be coloured in Tree Bumblebee colours of Ginger thorax (well hair), black body & white tail stripes..... and lots of bumblebee fluff!


How cute is this Tiddly Bumblebee! I wanted to make her as fluffy as she could be.


I finished her off with some chipboard words from Make it Crafty that I coloured with Sakura Glaze gel pens. I printed the colouring page at 1/4 of an A4 sheet so it will make a nice card.


Here are some pictures of our bee tenants. One came down & sat on the table for a while so I managed to get some close ups.




There's a lot of bees up there. At least I know what the buzzing noise is now.

Products used:



Copics Used:
Skin - E000, E00, E21, E11, E04 with R20 Cheeks
Hair - YR12, YR16, YT18, E09
Black Bumblebee - C5, C7, C9, 100, Black Polychoromo
White Bumblebee - C2, C3, C5, HB Pencil
Flowers - R24, R27, R29, R59, Y15, Y17, YR24
G14,G17, G29
Basket - E42, E44
Background - B00, G40

2 comments:

  1. Love the fluffy dress! Wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous. We have a bee nest too but actually in a very shady tree. I'm pleased I know then name of then now. Thank you lol. Xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...