Sunday, 13 September 2015

Steampunk with That Craft Place

Steampunk!!! Argh!!!! 

Steampunk absolutely terrifies me! 

I mean totally and utterly terrifies me!

Luckily That Craft Place has some gorgeous Steampunk Digis so that was a huge help.

My card didn't actually turn out as I was intending - I was planning it in Craft Artist 2 ready to print and colour, but then decided I actually liked it as it was - with just the colour of the lines changed.


All of these digis are from the That Craft Place Etsy Store
The Cogs Digi Paper is also from That Craft Place but not currently listed in the store.

Here's Steampunk Owl. I changed the colour from black to brown in Craft Artist 2 and added brown matting layers behind the elements.


The Circle Alphabet come in one file. I separated them and arranged them as I wanted, added drop shadows and a base layer to give them definition.


I love how much dimension the card has....


... but it's all an illusion created with digital drop shadows - from the side you can see it's completely flat!!!!


It's very strange for me to create a project with no colouring, but it was fun to challenge myself and do something different. 

I hope you come over and join us at That Craft Place Challenges.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...