Time for another gorgeous fairy from A Very Fairy Door.
I am totally and utterly addicted to these fairies that Krista Smith has drawn for the A Very Fairy Door book & consider myself so lucky to have a chance to colour them now as part of the Saturated Canary Guest DT.
A Very Fairy Door is a very special book that's been created by Carlie & Kimberly Brown and illustrated by Krista Smith. It's a beautiful piece of work - a hardcover children's book with an actual fairy door to go with it. It's a beautiful story about how the different fairies come to visit and leave little present. I love how it can be used as a reward for good behaviour as well as being a lovely story all on it's own. Pop over to the A Very Fairy Door page to find out more about it. There's a lovely video showing snippets of the book.
The book is being funded by a Kickstarter Campaign - this works by people pledging money towards getting the book published. It's an all or nothing thing - if the target is reached the pledged moneys will be collected & the book will be published, if the target isn't reached no moneys will be processed.
Pledging money means you're not only helping the book be published, but you could also have a lovely reward yourself. There are different pledge levels available - each with different rewards. Take a look on the Kickstarter Campaign - there's a level that will suit everyone.
Anyway - enough talk (can you tell I'm passionate about helping get this book created) - here's what I've created with Night Fairy - one of the fairies from the book.
I made this using a photo bauble I bought after Christmas last year. You can buy them from lots of different places in the lead up to Christmas. I love how easy they are to use, but how effective they are.
This little beauty is Night Fairy. She's part of the digi stamp collection you can get by pledging certain amounts towards the A Very Fairy Door Kickstarter Campaign.
I printed Night Fairy & cut her out, then coloured her in.
I added her to the photo bauble & added a spoonful of white Flowersoft as snow.
So simple, but so effective!
I coloured her with my Copics
Skin - E000, E00, E21, E11, E04 with R20 Cheeks
Hair - E51, E35, E55
Dress - V01, Promarker Orchid & Purple
Wings - B21, B23, Blender, Stickles Stardust
Star - Y11, Y15
Please please please pop over to the A Very Fairy Door Kickstarter Campaign. There's only 11 days left - if the target isn't reached by the 3rd October it won't happen.




Amazing Christmas baubles, Lucy! Very clever. Thanks for your very kind words on my blog - I was amazed and delighted to have won the book, and I did a few little bits last night. I'll photograph them once I've done a few more. I can see me using these with Brushos!!
ReplyDeleteShoshi